What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Re-motivated with tango. Bigger shape, sharper tics, more speed. I love workshops.

Next one is in St. Louis, but hopefully I'll find a place in Lexington for the weekend I'll be there soon.

dancelvr likes this.
  2. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear!! I'm sure finding inspiration gets tougher when most of your dance time is spent fixing other people.

Hedwaite likes this.
  3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Lesson in a week!! First one in over a year :)

latingal and fascination like this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

excited to be scheduled for 20 lessons between sept 17 and Oct 25....going to be nice to make up for lost time....praying that this actually happens...because I really need it...

Dancing Irishman, latingal and stash like this.
  5. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

That's...a ton. Possibly more smooth lessons than I've taken lifetime, actually. Props to you that you can manage the mental and physical endurance for that!

Now in the choreography and performance polishing stage pre-comp...and really excited about it (I LOVE that feeling of things all coming together and "clicking"). Also, latin coach has mandated we end every practice with a round to music (eventually I think the goal is to full speed...but we're still getting there). Always great to end a practice with the thing I love most about dance (that is, actually getting to dance and be "in the moment").

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thank you for reminding me...I need to remember that I took no less than 32 lessons a month for 5 1/2 years...actually longer...and that, while it has only been about 4-8 lessons a month lately, I am a very fortunate person

7. Spookisgirl

Spookisgirl Active Member

Excited to be seeing the fruits of my labours in improvements that are resulting in me being able to work at a higher level. I don't know about others, but I find that sometimes improvements seem to come in waves....nothing, nothing, nothing....then everything clicks and it is like I just jumped ahead. Just had a jump that is leaving me really excited to see what's next :)

8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Fulfilling some old goals, waving good-bye to those that have proven to be unsurmountable given circumstances, and creating new ones based on the current situation.

Exciting yes, sad too.

9. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Practicing with my partner soonish for the first time since summer.

10. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing...*sadface*

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yes, if I could pass on one lesson of life to the next generation, it would be this: Progress is often very non-linear.

Mr 4 styles, j_alexandra and ajiboyet like this.
  12. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

New open waltz routine feels wonderful! Not technically - that's still a long way away - but dancing an open waltz I helped create with a smooth pro when waltz is what got me into dancing in the first place is pretty inspiring.

13. latingal

Finally saw some dancing on a video that I can hold my head up high and say that taking the hard road has begun to pay off. I wasn't sure if it would, but I hope it now begins in spades! ;)

14. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Showcase tomorrow! :D

latingal and Sania like this.
  15. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

1) Regular pro will be back tomorrow after being gone for a couple of weeks. I really hope that at least some of the great work I did with the other instructors will show in my dancing.

2) Tomorrow is a coaching session that should be great. I would normally be a nervous wreck about the coach, but my happiness that pro is back seems to be over-riding my typical nervousness about the coach. :D

16. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

How did it go?

17. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

It went very well! Felt really good on the floor, and coach said it was the best she's seen me dance yet. I don't have a lesson with pro until tomorrow to get his feedback, but my other pro was watching, and said during my lesson today that he feels it's time to completely rework the choreography because it's not challenging me enough. Sounds like a vote of confidence!

latingal, cornutt and RiseNFall like this.
  18. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

Working on a "flash tango" routine with a few friends at the studio I go to. The guy I was partnered with I don't really know, but I have seen him dance before and he's spectacular. Doing a short practice with him tomorrow to work on some chemistry.

19. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I may be coming out of the recent multiple-months-long dance funk... some of the changes to approach/schedule, etc. may have worked, as I have been starting to have some fun lately, and to look forward to getting to the studio... fingers crossed that this continues.

Also, after weeks and weeks of heavy, tedious, frustrating work on posture and frame changes, it is starting to feel a little more normal, and I'm more able to release and relax my hips to counterbalance. And may have figured out how to start really stretching and using my ribcage this week... looking forward to devoting some practice time to playing around with this on the weekend.

20. latingal

I'm working on my strengths in dancing right now rather then my weaknesses!!

dancelvr and stash like this.