What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Teach this semester's newcomers Latin :D I maybe only a bronze dancer, but I love passing down the knowledge that I have learned from other dancers on to new dancers. Plus it's one other way to learn it all over again and become a better dancer :D
  2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'm actually able to do well controlled three step turns and no longer look like a tornado got a hold of a fabric factory! It's very exciting!
  3. ichigo9813

ichigo9813 New Member

Thank you very much :) !
  4. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Might not be directly related to the topic, but I have just decided to invest in a Smooth vest/suit with the first big paycheck from my new job. I'm so freaking excited.
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

works for me dlliba....you should see me when I get a new dress! LOL...
  6. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

What a great and exciting question!
  7. latingal

it is great to contemplate....though this has never been my strongest area, so once more in to the abyss!! LOL!
  8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Not only do I get to teach our new batch of newbies but I also get to continue our last bunch of newbies in Bronze Standard :D This makes me incredibly excited. I love helping out new excited dancer with ballroom :)
  9. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I'm excited that I did pretty well in my second ever competition. Placed in all my dances in rhythm and smooth....never expected that and so excited :D. There were even 10 first places!

Also excited that my first lesson following said comp is tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a relaxed, fun lesson with a little less pressure. And I'll get to dance WCS just for fun.
  10. latingal

the challenge of breaking out of my shell...moving to the next level....
  11. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I love DF!!!
  12. latingal

feeling the movement...
  13. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

After last lesson with pro, I think I am having glimmers of being able to understand international rumba timing more clearly.
    After last coaching with coach that was brought it, I think I am having glimmers of what I need to start adding to my dancing to really improve.
    That being said... these are all glimmers and will take time to incorporate, but it is nice to see what needs to be done.
  14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

:)
    I LOVE THIS IMAGE thank you; some day, I too will manage this, but in the meantime, I'm borrowing the description, it's wonderful
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the day I understood that you never step and turn at the same time, and that you think of the steps only as forward steps, alot changed for me in a good way...it is an over-simplification now, but it was a very good first step
  16. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Kick-balls in jive are nearing my definition of perfection...which generally is a fusion of Bryan Watson and Karina Smirnoff...
  17. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

ribcage action, connection, and grounded-ness.... it's starting to come together (i hope)!
  18. Aura

Aura Active Member

Waltz has improved vastly.
  19. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

<like>
  20. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Engaging and "dancing" from my lats