What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'm excited that open mambo has been completed and we are now working on open swing. Lots of fun! Just to add... me saying that open is fun.... big step for me!

2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I'm excited about how so much of what I've been practicing and working on and getting coaching on for years is finally starting to come together in a big way.

3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

So very excited that people who know my dancing are noticing and commenting on the improvements on the practice floor!!!

5. latingal

coaching!!!

6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Starting to learn gold choreography. It means I'm almost done with syllabus.

7. latingal

the opportunity to take it to the next level....let's go!!

8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I had my first instruction in smooth in ages, and my first instruction in silver smooth ever. I don't see it as something I'm going to put a lot of time in (as nice as it would be, particularly given that's what my instructor competes in professionally), but getting to touch on it for the showcase we're going get in is still awfully darned neat.

9. latingal

foot and leg action coming together nicely!! my feet sound like they should!

10. Ladybird

Ladybird Member

Have done 3hrs on a new, rather athletic and sexy rumba with my teacher and danced it twice at Friday night practice. Not perfect, but good. Looked confident, not self-conscious, technique pretty good. Teacher said a few people commented on how much I have improved and studio diva threw a tantrum because of it! :D

11. bia

bia Well-Known Member

At the social dance last night, the technical corrections we've been working on in tango showed up for the first time anywhere outside the practice floor. Maybe they're really taking hold!

12. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I always love it when that happens :). The other night at a studio party, pro and I danced a waltz. I always enjoy dancing waltz and this one was no exception. Pro, however, kept commenting that I did an awesome job (and that rarely happens) so it was nice to hear.

The female owner of the studio had a bit too much to drink at the same party and kept going on and on to my instructor and his wife about how much I had improved, how talented I was, even telling my pro that I was "by far your most improved student". Pro was like "yeah, all of my students are very talented" and she replies "yeah yeah they are all very talented, but she is great"! And yes she was a little drunk, but it was kind of neat that she was singing my praises to my pro....:D

13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I finally found a smooth partner! He's just learning smooth (has been dancing standard and latin for almost as long as me) but he's a fast learner. I'm excited to be able to do smooth again.

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Wisconsin State is later in the month than I thought. Yay! (American is again on weekdays, BOO. The universe is conspiring to get me to do Standard.)

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Working on new solos for Showcase. Jive, open routine. American Tango open routine. Will be fun and hope to learn a lot.

16. latingal

lessons!!

17. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I am excited about new beginnings, and all the possibilites contained within.

18. latingal

you go deb!

19. Terciel

Terciel Member

Tonight, one of the champ dancers made exactly 2 seemingly small corrections in my quickstep. First, there were Toe-Heels I wasn't taking in 2 places, and second, I was rising too early on the natural spin turn. Now my partner tells me that it made a HUGE difference in her ability to get around me and keep our connection. And that same correction applied to waltz (and slightly to foxtrot) too! Yay dance epiphanies!

20. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Dance is discovery, discovery, discovery...Martha Graham. I keep saying that during my dance lesson to my teacher when he asks me why I get so excited all of a sudden:banana: