What are you working on?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Zoopsia59, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sixela

sixela Active Member

Also depends on the sacada itself. Counterclockwise and in close embrace I find a sacada on the lady's side step a lot easier than one on e.g. her forward step.
  2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

3. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

great idea! I'd been wondering if there was any labanotation of Argentine tango floating around. Let us know when it's up.
  4. pwpulto

pwpulto Member

It is already up. Have a look at my website! (can't post links here...but the link is in my profile) Look under tango -> video and notation
    And let me know what you think of it!!
  5. Hock Siew

Hock Siew New Member

After having hardly danced during the past couple of years, I went to my first Milonga since April. I was mainly trying to remember three things.

1) To not let my shoulders get too tense.

2) To refrain from letting my chest collapse.

3) To keep my head up, especially during close embrace.

I had varying degrees of success during the night :( I`m still struggling to remember all of these plus everything else! :)

Rgds,
    Hock Siew
  6. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

Video editing and reviewing my video library is taking most of my time. Planing activities for autum - totally different constellation I hope.
  7. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Soltganchos. Ganchcatas? Reverse Soltganchos with a half twist and a backflip. Something. Wossname. Chicho be crazy.
  8. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

Repetition of year 2004-videos/steps. The amazing thing is that some of the combinations are still adorable; not lost the magic.
  9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I am working on a Volcadita con traspie.. ;-)
  10. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

Give me some video, otherwise I think you are teasing!
  11. Subliminal

Izzat when you go for a volcada and drop her instead? ;)
  12. bordertangoman

no, its a small volcada at milonga speed.
  13. Subliminal

Ah, nice. Thought you were joking! Makes sense though. It's kinda of fun to throw things into milonga people don't normally expect. I love when a follower can handle milonga speed ochos.
  14. Subliminal

Calecitas! I think I finally have a handle on them, enough to use them confidently and musically on the dance floor. They used to be my bane. Heh.

Also, leading more than one step with one impulse. And some nuevoish steps to add some spice to my dancing with the right follower.
  15. bordertangoman

I think (if you're a follower) the best way to do calecitas is decorate and twist your body; then untwist it. otherwise its no more than a balancing act.

I'm working on a leader calecita; the lady goes into a giro...and I just let her glide me round.
  16. Subliminal

That makes sense. My teacher pointed out to me that they are really hard to do if the follower doesn't have good balance, and that might have been part of my problem practicing them in the past.

Do you mean enrosque or something different? Sounds interesting.
  17. bordertangoman

well you could make it into an enrosque if you wanted to..
  18. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

What does "leader calecita" mean? I'm not familiar with that term.
  19. bordertangoman

do you expect me to answer that? :lol:
  20. sixela

sixela Active Member

New "working on it"s:

Leading with (almost) zero arm pressure of the lady's back, especially in very close embrace (I can pull it off in open embrace but somehow I have a tendency to hold the follower more firmly in a close embrace. Less is more.)

Doing (even) smaller steps. Even when there's too much room in front of me in the ronda because the couple before me have taken great strides, catch up by moving more linearly but NOT with giant steps.

Leaving the lady time to do a "proper" elegant ocho cortado closing instead of forcing here to finish it. Gentle, gentle...