What comp are you looking forward to most right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by footyjammies, Jul 4, 2013.

1. footyjammies

footyjammies New Member

What comp are you most excited to compete in or watch?

2. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Embassy...love going to California, happy to be competing on a different coast for a change, and will get a chance to spend time with a good friend!

latingal likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

bummed that sarasota won't work this year...as I really like that one

4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'm excited for University of Wisconsin because I'm pretty sure it will be my next one- and my first open one!
    Also excited for Chicago Dancesport Challenge because if we do well, we really want to try and make Nationals work logistically!

latingal likes this.
  5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

That's fun! My am partner and I are seriously considering Chicago for our next comp. I think Carolina is the next one dancers from my area are going to decend upon en masse, but partner and I did that one last year, and she likes to use competitions as an excuse to see new parts of the country.

That said, I suppose I'll go with Vol State for myself, just because it's my next comp and really very close. It'll be my first time competing in smooth. Well, for all intents and purposes. I did a couple of small, local competitions in smooth back in my first year of dancing. I was such a different dancer back that I scarcely count those.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I look forward to all of my comps...i wouldn't do one if I didn't KWIM?

SwayWithMe and Mr 4 styles like this.
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Yup yup yup!
    Mostly I just look forward to the closest one the most!

It has been a really great comp- hard to imagine it is only in its third year- good size, and on time, which is hard to come by on the collegiate circuit

8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

the next one!!

galaxy for pro am

Carolina for am/am

Jude you need to got to Carolina... and bring a tape measure LMAOOOO

9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm totally looking forward to the International Grand Ball in SF. It will be the first time my family is able to come, and watch me dance!

SwayWithMe and Mr 4 styles like this.
  10. footyjammies

footyjammies New Member

looking forward to ohio mostly to watch the pros compete. getting to see a pro do a showdance here and there is cool but watching them compete is another thing entirely!

stash likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

the venue for viewing is the best!!​

12. LT

LT Member

Embassy... not only are DP and I hoping to debut our revamped tango :cool:, I am looking forward to watching three pro world championships! And even though Embassy is not hosting the pro standard worlds, we can reasonably expect the top two pro couples to dance it... :)