what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Last day as a Technical Writer. :banana: Last day in an IT department. :banana:

Soon to be (Monday) an Instructional Designer. :banana: :banana:

2. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Ahh that makes sense, wait that means on learning this something else just popped out. Drat...

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Network Administrator now, will go back to a Sr Systems Administrator/engineer job of some sort when I get back, most likely (or anywhere willing to meet the large salary increase I'm looking for ;) )

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I used to enjoy walking through the lecture room after a particularly fact-ridden lesson looking at the random items of previously-owned facts scattered on the floor. Much of it was phone numbers and people's names but there was also some more important stuff that you wondered how the students would cope. These I would gather up and keep in a locker for when the poor brain-overload would panic and come to see if I knew when it was time to change the oil in the Mustang or what their girlfriends birthday was. Occasionally conscience would impel me to look them up and politely remind them to take their anti-schizophrenia drug or submit thier visa papers on time to prevent deportation. I confess, once I found a memory of a planned major stock sale by a well-heeled student's partent. I invested my income that month and made enough to pay for a months worth of dance lessons.....

5. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Prof dancer in the making :) Until then, I am a bridal consultant (sell wedding dresses) slash paramedic slash student slash mom! Lol. Hey, I gotta pay for my dancing somehow. I wish it could just be dancer slash mommy but unfortunately coaching isn't free. Any teachers here offer lessons if I wash your car or sweep you house??? Lol

6. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Oh I forgot, slash ebay seller. Lol Anyone else here to ebay?

7. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Congrats! I'll dance with you:banana::banana:

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

everything's going to the bananas round here. Is there no :apple: to counter it?

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Excepting the occasional wierdness, most things seem to sell for far less on e-bay than in a used or antique shop. Some for rediculously low prices - plus transportation surcharges. Why do people do that?

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:banana: :banana:

11. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

It's so funny reading this about what peoples (dare i say real jobs?) are. I can join the student crowd (history major) but I also work at a bookstore and an amusement park. I hope to be a writer at come point.

12. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Have changed my major since the last time I posted here.
    I'm now an undergrad Civil Eng. student. I cut down on everything in order to fund my dancing. Even showers. (Ewww! Not really. But I don't go out often, I try not to eat out, I spend as little as possible on groceries and I pack my own lunches. Heh.)

13. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

[​IMG]

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Cute.

Good luck on the new job tomorrow, luce!

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

thanks LD - I had to quote this!

16. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

I've actually made a lot of money on ebay selling random junk that prob would not have sold elsewhere. I also believe it has a lot to do with the product. Some things would sell for more in an antique shop, but the things that I sell prob would not be found in an antique store.

17. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

I feel you! I'm cutting down on everything. I'm living off of Ramen soups. Lol 10 soups for a dollar! That's a weeks worth of lunch for a dollar!:D

18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, jeez. Not ramen!

Do yourself a favor--bag of pinto beans (or black beans, or lentils, or whatever), an onion, a garlic clove or two, and if you want to get really crazy a slice or two of bacon all cut up. Cook that. It's a bit more than just $1, but it'll last for more than just a week of lunches and you'll get some protein, too. And a ton less sodium and other junk.

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Maybe thats it - ebay is more the modern equivalent of the junk shop, not the antique market. You do find occasional real value items but most are useful at best and useless at the worst.

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

YOu forgot carbs. She still needs carbs for energy p! ;) Get some flour, yeast...and make your own bread choco. Add another dollar, perhaps, but the overall nutrional value will more than make up for the extra expense.