what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Currently not a whole heck of a lot. Other than the jewelry, which I need to get on (I go in spurts-just made a bunch of stuff with some adorable findings I bought-sea monsters!-but now I'm not quite feeling it. Realizing I really just am not a 'job' person.)
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Can't believe I've never posted to this thread... Software and systems engineer. Most of my career has been space stuff, but right now I'm working on a UAV project. This job has gotten me into the sub-subculture of software safety and airworthiness certification, which is the quickest way of killing trees that humankind has ever devised.
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

But...but...you don't work for my agency! ;)
  4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I'm in military procurement.

Or, as I explain it to my mother, I buy stuff that blows other stuff up :D
    cornutt and pygmalion like this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

have I answered this 4 times already?....currently.... teach; spin, step I and II, step/interval...blast, bike and bench and occasional zumba for a ymca...also going to become a regional trainer for instructors next month...also work as a pastoral minister to engaged couples and bereaved persons for a parish, in addition to cantoring major events there as well
  6. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

I'm not doing anything for a living at this point haha. I'm currently an undergrad studying history, while also working at the university's archives.
  7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm a full-time student and part-time archivist.

Never too early to practice your elevator speech. ;)
  8. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I'm a graduate student in social psychology. Experimental/research psychology, basically.
  9. Admin stuff; nothing special :cool:
  10. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Undergrad student in Studio Art, and financial tech intern at the USDA... Strange but it works. I am a hopeful photographer when ever I decide to stop going to school :p
  11. Jared21

Jared21 New Member

im a professional hitman, jokes i work in marketing aha
  12. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Just happy to report that after a long period I'm going back to work, got the call earlier to say the job is mine. :)
  13. shrp_thnkr57

shrp_thnkr57 New Member

I'm an accounting student/financial planner/one who dances ballroom. My (lack of) skills don't constitute the title of "ballroom dancer." Lol.
  14. Aura

Aura Active Member

I'm an undergraduate student with a major in Journalism and Mass Communications. It's a pretty big field so I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet.
  15. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Radio communications, camera surveillance, and investigative support for the Border Patrol. (We also dabble in 911 call-taking and dispatching for three local communities.)
  16. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Litigation paralegal. :)
  17. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

I used that line before. Gets alot of people chuckling. I just try to break things and let people know that I broke it.
  18. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Doctor...umm

Ophthalmologist...err

Vitreoretinal eye surgeon:D

specific enough for ya???:cool:
  19. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Hi all! I'm new here. I teach kids ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, manage and own a studio, and choreograph and direct a youth company for my job. I also own a commercial building. I am an amateur competitive ballroom dancer in my "free" time.
  20. Smooth Dancer

Smooth Dancer Active Member

Extraordinarily cool! More power to ya'.