what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you, Tracy!
  2. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

All IT: - Business Analyst/Developer/Programmer consultant
    samina likes this.
  3. Luik

Luik New Member

Also working on IT stuff by day and dancing by night and at any other times. I teach some classes and do some dance shows, some paid, most not o_O (well, we usually get something like a free dinner or a gift).

Been thinking about starting my own dance studio, but I don't get the numbers right. Pretty hard to start that business here right now. I'd probably have to combine it with a disco/dance bar, lounge cafe or something similar to make it work. If anyone has had that same urge and manage to solve it without getting bankrupt in the process, I'd welcome your input.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

don't do it unless you are wealthy and can afford the losses
  5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'm a graduate student doing a masters in clinical exercise physiology. I also TA and RA
  6. Luik

Luik New Member

I most definitely am not :shy:.

That's why I've been doing the numbers endlessly and asking. With more money, things would be easier.
  7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

life is like that:D
  8. Miss Asil

Miss Asil New Member

I'm a dance instructor with two different companies. I got my degree in theatre though and dance was actually my minor. :)
  9. Bailaor

Bailaor New Member

Back in 1959 & '60, before most of DF members were born- and before disco, I was an AM dance instructor. Although I occasionally still teach couples preparing for their wedding, I am a substance abuse counselor and study flamenco.
    chomsky likes this.
  10. bboyeddy

bboyeddy New Member

im studying as engineer
  11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

What field of engineering?
  12. bboyeddy

bboyeddy New Member

civil engineering
  13. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

I'm nominally an office administrator type, but I spend most of my time poking computers and/or resisting the temptation to shut their users in cupboards. :p
  14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Just started working at the studio I dance at (front desk).
  15. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

As reception jobs go, that sounds like a great one! :)