what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: ditto what SD said :lol:

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:shakes head sadly:

3. mhgroove

mhgroove New Member

Pygmalion, I have heard that housing in Austin is quite expensive. I would imagine that would be the same in Dallas and Houston, however in San Antonio you can find good housing at affordable prices. Unfortunately..city/county taxes are bad here!

4. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Ok. That means you might one day come across CapricornDancer (who is heading back to the States end of this month) who happens to be a PhD in Molecular Biology........

Small world :? .

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I'm just going to say that I'm in the process of trying to change jobs. :wink:

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to do that now than even a few months ago. 8) I'm doing the same thing. Same profession, different company.

Try blasting your resume -- for $50 to $100, various services will send your resume to thousands of employers and recruiters. Helped me a lot. :wink: :D

7. yoyao

yoyao New Member

so where is the pic of you and your twin sis? :?:

8. suek

suek New Member

I'm expanding what I do. In addition to be a graphic designer/project manager, I'm launching The Money Dance, coaching/mentoring individuals on personal money matters (recordkeeping, debt, dealing with creditors, visioning, goal setting, time management, impeccable life skills). My website for this venture will launch in May: moneydance.org.

I'm also doing an art business: creating planters and plantings grouping succulents which I will show and sell. I'll also teach workshops on succulents growing and container planting.

I'm also now a columnist! I've been given a column in a local lifestyle magazine (10,000 circulation) on money management. First column will be out in August (which means it's due soon, eek!).

What a wonderful feeling to have a portfolio career (yes there's even a name for it). I'm excited.

9. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

ooh oooohh oooooh sign me up! :lol:

you're awesome sue... surely I've mentioned this before

Wow... you certainly are expanding! Remind me when your site is up... it sound interesting and beneficial!

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, where can I order some???

11. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Wot you want brother? I have what you need! I do special price for you. :mrgreen:

$19.95 will get you all the skills amigo...well plus the extra charge of $199.00 for shipping and handling. 8)

And if you aren't completely satisfied, I will have a drink in your honor (with your money of course) to express my deepest *hic* sympathies. :cheers:

By the way, can I also interest you in one of my very fine and slightly used bridges??? :tongue:

(hmm...must be the sleep deprivation talking here...)

12. suek

suek New Member

okay i'm trying really hard not to take this personally. Right?

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Right Sue! SG was just teasing me... it was entirely directed at me, not at you!

...and he was just trying to be cute & funny... that was entirely tongue in cheeck!

14. danceguy

danceguy New Member

No personal offense meant Sue! I just saw an opportunity to make a little fun at SD. He's knows I'm full of it. :p

15. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I didn't mean to tease Sue. Playful? Yes. Tease? No. It sounds like a good site

16. Soñador

Soñador New Member

I'm a secondary five student (in Quebec, dunno what it is in the US or anywhere else...)... I'm working part time as a computer technician, programmer and a sales representative... Pays really well but it's only a part time/summer job, I plan to continue my studies but don't know yet waht I'm going to do later... I'm 17, it's been 7 years I'm working with computers, I'm kinda fed up soooo... I love dancing but it's only for pleasure, hope I'll be good one day but don't plan making a career out of it! That's pretty much all!

17. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

I have a degree in engineering but I´m currently working as a product manager in a telecommunications company. Kind of strange because having a technical background I´m in a commercial/marketing area. :shock: Life is very strange...

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I'm retired from the Air Force, have degrees in Political Science, English, Aeronautical Engineering, and Law . . . I work for the government . . . guaranteed employment!!! . . . do a little teaching of dance . . . have another business on the side . . . and play in a blues band just in case I get bored!

19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Psst Vince! You forgot to add: "telling the security guys' where your wife works that the two of you are making out amongst the servers she looks after, from time to time" :wink:

There is a saying MapleLeaf that engineers rarely make good managers :wink: seems that the way engineers think is different from the "people management" managers. Just means that you are unique and your brain should be donated to science :wink: :lol:

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Now . . . how did you know that. I often go in with her on the weekends.
    Besides "fooling around" :oops: . . . we did WCS, Waltz, and the 2 Step around those 400 servers!