what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

lol Vince! I read it on the internet :wink: :lol:

Seriously, you mentioned it on the "Where do you practice" thread and I remembered :oops: :lol:
  2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Is she advertising again????????

Wow . . . I'm impressed. Good memory . . .
  3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Ah, ha . . . I just remembered that post . . .
  4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Actually, it was you :wink:

Thanks :D Not bad though, considering that I remember the post/thread a few days ago but you posted it in October 2003

Where do you practice
  5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

No kidding . . . I just finished re-reading it . . . I had forgotten al about it. My wife chuckled when she read it . . . remembering the incident!
  6. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Day job at a university, where I teach poetry and drama, supplemented by my work as an actor (working on making this my permanent gig), and on occasion training dogs.
  7. Vin

Vin New Member

Another Geek here, finishing up a phd in mathematical physics this year(provided I get a job, it's a tough year.)
    NeoDevin-what areas of mathematical physics do you want to study, I can probably give you a good idea of the best places to apply to grad school.
  8. NeoDevin

NeoDevin New Member

I'm thinking probably string theory, or subatomic physics... Provided I decide to go to grad school at all. (who knows, I could end up a professional dancer :p)
  9. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Pacion, thanks! You just brought a big smile to my face. :D :D You made my day!
  10. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

And you still have time to post here in the DF? You must plan your day down to the microsecond... Have you ever thought about reserving some free time just to vegetate? I like vegetating, it´s good for the brain.
  11. Vin

Vin New Member

Whoa that stuffs way beyond me, good luck with that. I am thinking about opening up my own salsa club.
    String theory is pretty much all algebra and topology and I know little about it. As for sub-atomic physics, I know even less. I am not sure that either theory is on a sound mathematical footing yet. That means lots of good results to be proven, good luck.
    I do know that Cornell has a great Chaos group and theoretical mechanics if that interests you. Lots of good open questions in quantum chaos.
  12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure about "quantum," but "chaos" is certainly a good place for ND! :wink:
  13. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

I'm a technical writer/researcher. I write courses on emergency preparedness for first responders. I really love my job.

Oh and on the subject of string theory...I once had a quasi-celebrity crush on physicist Brian Greene. :| I really need to get a life.

LOL,
    Christina :)
  14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i'm a liquid investments portfolio analyst (cash, equity, debt, funds and other securities products).. work for a local investment company that invests its liquidity in local, regional and international financial markets..

in other words.. i'm a profound idiot [batting eyelashes] :mrgreen: ..

:lol:
  15. mambo_munkey

mambo_munkey New Member

I currently work at Arizona Public Service which is the bigger Electric Company around here. I'm going to school for massage therapy and hope to open up my own practice. It will tie in well with dancing because I'll specialize in dance therapy. I also am a huge fan of music and the arts so I'll find some way to tie that all in too.

I suppose I've been a performer from birth... :D
  16. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I do web development and dance instruction. About a year ago I was able to quit my job and work from home on a permanent basis, but I do work about 20 hours per week at the studio too. It's a nice balance for me.
  17. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Currently I'm a wife and mom, supporting my husband as he does what his co-workers call "riding the tiger." (Aka moving up in the business world really quickly and hopefully w/o giving himself an ulcer or heart attack.) I'm trained as a dental tech. When we return to the States, my kids will be going to school, and I have decided to make it a family affair and go back to school as well, perhaps dental hygiene, or massage therapy, or perhaps even graphic design something or other.
  18. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Reinsurance underwriter... I graduated University of Economics. I have a degree in Business Administration.
    And I have a Salsa school.
  19. Bob

Bob New Member

Technical Writer/web developer
  20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Hippie? :wink: