what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. tj

tj New Member

But are you "Sassy"?

:wink:

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Put on a cha cha cha and you can see.

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

4. Laura

Laura New Member

I worked as an engineer for a variety of software firms for thirteen years. Then I retired (well, my last company started firing people to cover up a corporate accounting scandal, and I was in the first group to be let go...the perpetrators got it in the end -- officers went to jail, etc.). Post-retirement, I'm a housewife and I sew ballgowns to cover my dance expenses.

5. michelledoreen

michelledoreen New Member

PhD in electrical engineering who's going to leave with her M.S. in May 2005 and work for Boeing Satellite Systems.

6. jenn

jenn New Member

im only one of two teachers here? :shock:
    thats rather surprising... :lol:

i teach 4th grade. taught 5th one year, and i have to say, i love my job! im also contemplating of getting my masters in travel. :lol:

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, depends how you count me. At themoment I work as a TA for undergrad classes at UCSD, but this summer I'm teaching my own class for 9-12 graders who'll be in residence on campus.

8. jenn

jenn New Member

cool. that makes 3. 8)

9. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Funny how things have changed since this thread started! I quit my 9-5 techie job and am now working to develop my own business in tech support. Oh yes, and also studying bodywork and self-publishing my own novel...although I've been talking about it for years, it will be done one day soon! :lol:

10. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

What do I do for a living?

Work of course! ;)

11. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Professional flirt?? :lol:

12. jenn

jenn New Member

wow, self publishing,huh? very cool. let us know when youre published (and perhaps some tips? :oops: ).

good luck to you! 8)

13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean I can get paid to do this? :shock: Why didn't some one say something before! :wink:

And dancin_feet ... I'm willing to do it free for you! :D

14. tacad

tacad New Member

Cool! 8)

15. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

You can get paid to do anything, you just have to find someone to cough up the money! :wink:

A freebie for me - awwww shucks! :oops: :kissme:

16. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

I'm an Auto Design Engineer working in the Styling Studios. I work on both the production vehicles that are sold to the public and the concept (show) cars.

17. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

mental health therapist

18. dsprtn87

dsprtn87 New Member

wow everyoen here seems pretty smart.......... well seeing as how im only 17.... I've worked since i was 9. I work at a shipyard. I plan on going into chemical engineering or write and try to publish. I am going to get certified for weilding this summer, ive been doing it since i was 12. I also board animals for my moms grooming buisness. My grandpaw owns the shipyard and wants me to take over...idk if i willor no. I'm smart enough, but its a family buisness. And my fasmily is mean. the only reason id want it is to keep it famiyl buisness. and buy out my cousin and uncle who officialy hate me. Once i bought em ou...or at leas became their boss....................... yea. Mean as well, but when im motivated its scary what i can do. as well for nyone i guess :wink:

19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Administrative Assistant with a psychiatric staffing firm by day, guitarist/composer/independent recording artist and recreational social dancer by night.

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

WOW. What a dream job. I'm addicted to cars. Always have been.