What (if any) instrument/s do you play?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by flashdance, May 30, 2010.

1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Just out of interest... and do you play for fun/casual or professionally (i.e. band/studio player etc)

I'll be investing in a piano which should be interesting learning how to play... great balls of fire :lol: :cool:

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I have played the piano since 1st grade--and I still love it!

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Don't play anything currently, but at one time or another, played french horn, piano and trumpet

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Violin, flute and voice. Back in the stone age. :lol: But it's funny how those (thousands of) hours of practice and theory class enhance my abillity to dance, to this day. :cool:

5. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Used to play sax, flute, and piano.

Nothin' really anymore.

6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I still play piano, and occasionally pick up my flute. I'm quite good at the first; not so much at the second. I also sing (but not in public much anymore) and dabble in guitar.

But, yeah, I'm a piano girl all the way. I love it.

7. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Lioness I'm a piano girl too! :) And I like other keyboard instruments as well. For fun and a bit of contemplation; there are many meditative piano pieces like nocturnes by Chopin.

flashdance, go for it! Learn how to play the piano!

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Chopin...amazing. I love my Chopin...Nocturne Op. Posthumous in C# minor and Nocturne in E minor (Op. 72?) are my favourite.

I also love Rachmaninoff and Debussy. My performance program for the end of year has a Rach prelude, the Chopin Nocturne in C# minor, and two pieces by Debussy - Golliwog's Cakewalk and Reverie.

9. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I play some guitar.

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm. Not sure why, but I expected a lot more responses. Maybe tomorrow...

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

OK Goose, you do that.

I used to play violin, and then I used to play piano. Both non-professionally.

12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Bass and guitar for me.

[​IMG]

13. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Phil Owl, and I noticed that your bear plays a mean saxophone! :)

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Used to play piano. Quit years ago. Don't touch the things now (and I have DH for that).

15. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Lioness how wonderful! And I'm overjoyed that you (like me) continue to play the piano!

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amanda, I will never stop playing the piano either. I just love it too much...

17. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

:uplaugh:

Odd story behind that image, dates back to about 1982 or so, I was camping with some friends near Santa Barbara CA, and during the night, I could swear I heard something like either a bear roaring or somebody playing a baritone sax really badly.

There's also a novel I have in my library called 'The Bear Comes Home" by Rafi Zabor about a jazz alto-sax-playing bear that just wants to be taken seriously by humans, quite a hilarious read.

18. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

ha ha! :)

19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Nice Phil!

20. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Here's a sampling of my recent musings, my hands and torso make an appearance on the last song ("Not Responsible for What Happens Next") :mrgreen:

[YT]usmrxYPtU8g[/YT]