What (if any) instrument/s do you play?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by flashdance, May 30, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Piano here......years and years ago........used to love it.

2. pr

pr New Member

Piano, violin and whistling. :p

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Clarinet.

4. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I never played an instrument, but I used to be very involved in singing in high school. I was pretty good, but I haven't done any serious singing in ages.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

can't remember if I have ever posted here...a basic working capacity in oboe, cello, and piano...also professional voice lessons for a year

6. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I've always wanted to learn piano. Tried in middle school. Failed miserably. Perhaps in another life.

7. yagottabelieve

yagottabelieve New Member

Voice and piano as a hobby. (I no longer take lessons for either.) When I was younger, I learned recorder and saxophone.

8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I play guitar a little

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Maybe there are more "I use to play" instruments then currently playing?
    I use to play the Clarinet. Previous to that instrument - which turned out to be my favorite, the guitar, some drums, organ.

My family and cousins are top notch musical. When I retire - I plan on playing the Clarinet again. Looking forward to it.:cool:

10. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Viola! Until a few years ago, I found an orchestra to play in wherever I went. But during grad school, I decided that my schedule only had room for either dancing or orchestra. And I've never particularly loved playing just for myself, so I've hardly picked it up since. It's letting the whole orchestral sound wash over me, and knowing that I'm part of it, that I love. I'll get back to it someday.

In childhood, I also had many years of piano lessons. That made a good basis for my musical education, but I never managed to reach myself emotionally with my piano playing, so I don't feel any urge to play again.

11. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Guitar

Fretted and fretless 5-string bass guitar

Some keys

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The piano, my favorite...

13. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Piano and trumpet

14. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Used to play a little piano, guitar, violin, drums and gu zheng(Chinese zither). Really only focusing on vocal all this while. Might pick up piano and/or violin/guitar again some time in future.

15. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

saxophone.. tootle level 1.

16. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Voice, piano, and a very little bit of guitar. Gave up the violin in 2nd grade after learning to play "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Cute!

18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I bought a piano today!

[​IMG]

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Heart be still...

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How are you gonna move that sucker around with you? Don't you change houses frequently?