What (if any) instrument/s do you play?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by flashdance, May 30, 2010.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Uprights are comparatively easy to move.
  2. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

I spot a drum set behind too. :twisted:
  3. jmuise

jmuise New Member

Yes I play piano and organ and sing. Has given me a lot of comfort and reduced my stress over the years.
  4. jmuise

jmuise New Member

Look like it is really nice. Also the upright has longer strings and a better sound than the spinet. Wood looks like it is in tip top shape. Excellent choice. How does it sound?
  5. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Welcome to DF, jmuise! =)
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll be at this house for at least a year...only changed houses frequently due to moving out of mum's to a temporary house.

jmuise: I haven't played it yet...I have a sneaking suspicion though that it might be a piano from my old school...that drum set looks awfully familiar, and the piano seat + piano itself look exactly the same.

It was my favourite piano at school...I'm hoping it'll sound sorta familiar.
  7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Do you have any friends who are piano tuners that will tune itfor free or cheap?
  8. Lioness

Nope :(

But one of the tuning places has a special on this month :)
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not on a sport bike!
  10. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Sax, flute, piano. In order of proficiency. I probably shouldn't even count piano anymore. Or flute for that matter. Not sure if I could manage the embouchure now.
  11. Lioness

Yeah...since I dropped flute my embouchure has deteriorated a lot...
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Hmm, can't believe I haven't found this thread before... I play electronic keyboards (although to be honest, I'm more interested in the synthesizer part than the keyboard part); I'm OK on bass and minimally competent on guitar. A long time ago I played keys and some guitar in a bar band in Florida. I should post a pic of my modular synth -- it's grown a bit since the last time it made an appearance here. :D
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I play violin (and dabble in viola and cello) and can mess around on a piano. Briefly played clarinet and can still extract some squeaky sounds. Have been learning ukulele lately but haven't had much time to work on it.
  14. cornutt

Brass instruments kind of run in our family -- my dad plays tuba, and I have several relatives who play trumpet and trombone. But I've never been able to get a non-rude noise out of one. :rolleyes:
  15. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Piano (but not terribly well), guitar (four strings and three chords!), but mostly vocal.
  16. Riplash

Riplash Member

I played the trumpet in Middle and high school. Sometime during the summer, I found my trumpet at my parents house, and brought it up to my current residence. I have been trying to practice playing it 2 or three times a week, but I do feel goofy learning to play again, with all my housemates, and neighbors.--But just like dance practice,--even though I feel goofy, I don't let it stop me.

Take Care,
    Rip.
  17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

18. OreganO

OreganO Member

Piano, clarinet, guitar, flute, and vocals. My family's pretty musical :)
  19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

My body is my instrument. ;):)
  20. cornutt

We won't ask how you play it... :p