What Is Something You Are Proud of ???

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 2, 2010.

1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

And a clarification (since the time limit to edit my post expired, GRRRRR), I already moved to Atlanta, just over 6 years ago.
  2. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Thanks Ray!! Teaching myself Hustle wasn't easy at first, but with time, it came as natural as breathing. Not long ago, I had a dance with this one woman who really likes my style of Hustle, after she complimented me, I told her that it was the one dance I was completely self-taught on, and her jaw dropped in astonishment, she actually said I was better than some people who had lessons, imagine that! :shock:
  3. Kits

Kits New Member

wow thats awesome Owl~!
  4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I agree with Kits: that is great--and a truly wonderful discovery for yourself, Phil!
  5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Test Preparation and Taking...

I am proud of being able to prepare for exams in a short amount of time. (Ideally, of course, I don't like "cramming".). My strategy is to study a different part of the course material every 15 to 30 minutes--to make sure that I cover every major topic and understand all the general concepts.

This way, I feel like I am making faster progress (boosting my morale and reducing any sense of panic), and not leaving any area neglected. And this way I am not way more prepared in one part of the subject than another. I also record every lecture into a digital recorder, it the class does not have video available. I listen to these over and over again. I also turn things into pretend test questions as I read them.

I will play these recordings as I drive, and also when taking breaks or naps, which are needed even when you are cramming to keep your energy up. I also prefer to get a decent amount of sleep each night before the exam, instead of doing all-nighters. This may reduce my study time, but it will help maintain the energy to have "mental agility" come exam time...

During test taking, I bring energy and confidence--and go for as much partial credit if I am not completely sure of the answer (for short answer or essay questions). I keep battling my way through the test (after partitioning the exam to the time allotted, in order to pace myself)! Having the aforementioned mental agility helps mightily towards being able to navigate the most challenging parts of the exam...

Switching topics, for showcase preparation, I have always tried to get two full nights of lots and lots of sleep to keep me energized and alert come showtime!

:bouncy:
  6. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Coming to America, going to college, and getting a job.
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To sambanada

Yay, sambanada! We're so glad you are here! And congratulations on all of these things--all so worthy of feeling extremely proud of!

8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Thank you!
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

You're very welcome, Sambanada!!! :)

I am also proud today of getting a bunch of laundry done!

And I am so proud of DP, and what we accomplished yesterday during coaching! She's a little firecracker that keeps me going in dance, even when I am drained or have my mind on other things like school!

10. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Finding my passion in life.
  11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yay, Wonder Woman!!!

12. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Thanks for that...I have study problems. I can't get motivated, and revising seems like such a large task.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to voice-record classes. Perhaps I should leave my iPod on.
  13. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

:p I am extremely proud of dancing in my first Jack N Jill this past Friday night… joy of all joys, I got matched up with a good guy friend who is very supportive of my dancing. We had fun, I gained a bit more confidence regarding “competitive dancing”, and another good friend won the contest… much fun to be had by all. Slowly yet surely, I’m expanding my dancing horizons. ;)
  14. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

definitely something to be proud of indeed!
  15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Joyful Dancer: GREAT JOB!!! :) Very cool!

16. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

On Saturday, DH and I celebrated our thirty-third anniversary.

I'm proud that, in all those years, I have never once had occasion to doubt my choice.
  17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Zhena

Zhena, Lavish Congratulations on that! And how inspiring!

:cheers:
  18. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Congrats Zhena! That is an amazing accomplishment!
  19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

20. CANI

CANI Active Member

So cool, Joyful Dancer. All that fun and expanding your dance horizons -- awesome!:cheers: