What Is Something You Are Proud of ???

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 2, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Accomplishing so much this week! :)

2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I thought for a little while back there that I was dancing for the wrong reasons. I was under the impression I liked to dance because my teacher's love for dance was stuck on me or my love for my teacher was stuck on me. I was wrong. A few hours after doubting myself I listened to music and started practicing. I realised then, once again, how much deep seated inside me is this need and how my teacher's love was just a stimuli for something lying hidden, lying dormant deep inside me. I'm very proud of my realisation. I was just confused yesterday, I do get confused at times, it's only natural. But, I sometimes need to stop doubting myself...In the meantime, I'm proud of finding a passion even if it's so late in my life. Art was always there, in me, since my childhood. Not having my teacher at a point or other is not going to affect my love for dance because it has nothing to do with him.It had at first but it doesn't anymore. I am myself and I'm proud of who I am!

3. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

being honest

4. chomsky

my hubby! he puts up with me, I'm so proud of him!

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

:cheers: to both of you sambanada and chomsky...

6. chomsky

I am proud I danced in front of an audience yesterday. All 4 of my friends and my husband were watching me for the first time.
    I am proud I had my first video taken!
    I am very proud of my hubby's progress in dancing! I am so proud I found such a nice man to be my husband.
    I am proud of my teacher. Every one who meets him loves him.
    I am proud of DF. I have found so many friends here. I am so proud for my new friends.
    I am proud I am proud I AM PROUD!!!!

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Fabulous! All of it, chomsky! :cheers:

8. Aura

Aura Active Member

I am proud of the fact that I had the courage to take up ballroom in the first place. I find that it's a fulfilling and fairly unique hobby amongst teenagers such as myself. To put it bluntly, I'm proud I have a hobby that makes me stand out.

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

:cheers: Aura. Congratulations! :bouncy:

10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

cleaned my house all day yesterday

11. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

amen!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1...

13. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

My Two-Step is getting far more natural, starting to really enjoy it now!

Proud of having come through a major decision that was hard to make at first but now having made it, I feel in some way liberated. Decided to put aside the idea of playing in any live bands again, selling off stage gear but keeping the instruments, will continue to create in a studio environment, do soundtracks occasionally and things of that ilk. Never again will I have to put up with the nonsense of being expected to work for free or close to it.

14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

That's fabulous, Phil! :bouncy:

15. Aura

Aura Active Member

That reminds me. Two-step is definitely not a favorite of mine, but it is getting better. And I somewhat reluctantly admit that it wouldn't be getting better if my teachers hadn't pulled me up to dance one with them. So, yay for progressing in Two-step!

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Big :cheers: for all of that! :bouncy:

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Accomplishing so much this past week...

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Accomplishing so much yesterday...

19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Im going to try and attempt to make my frist turkey dinner