What kind of dance group should I join?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Andivagyoken, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Andivagyoken

Andivagyoken New Member

I'd like to join a dance group that would do dances similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzM-miOUfZs this one. Basically, I want to learn a choreography to fun, upbeat music. What should the keywords be for my search?

I live in Berlin, in case any of you happens to know a good dance studio there.
    Thanks in advance!

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Menschenskinder! Ich hab' keine Ahnung, was das heißen soll!

It's Korean. It appears to be some kind of line dance. Are those still popular?

This forum tends to cater more to partner dancing. Where two people, a leader and a follower, dance together. With the leader communicating through the dance connection what he wants the follower to do.

That clip is not a partner dance.

3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Hi Andivagyoken, every singer has to invent something new to be successful, and although Psy actually does not seem to be talented he is on the way up!

I would recommend to attend a dance school and to start learning right from the bottom up. Styles may change but the structure you´ve learned will stay.
    Simply type http://www.google.de/search?q=berlin hiphop streetdance urbandance Try to find the names of the teachers and seek for vids on YT, too.

Alternatively ask break-dancers out on the street how and where to learn Psy-style dancing!

Good luck and please give a small report here again afterwards.

4. Andivagyoken

Andivagyoken New Member

First off, thank you/vielen Dank for the quick answers! :)
    The clip I sent is indeed a little misleading, I'm not particularly interested in Psy's way of dancing, it's more about the atmosphere the dance group seems to have, and the whole idea of being one in a team, moving at the same time.

5. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Classic line dancing, mein Freund. Looks like there are still country line dance places in Berlin. Line dancing survives in the US (including Long Beach, CA, Las Vegas, NV, Portland, OR, etc)

6. Neil

Neil Member

Maybe salsa rueda would be fun for you.