What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Ths picture of my brother and his daughter sitting in her little disney princess tent. :D

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Getting my work done just the way I wanted it. ;)

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the boy called his old mom and invited her over for pizza

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

what a great idea for a thread....

REALLY dancing a piece of my smooth viennese waltz routine.

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

nothing yet, mind you I laughed yesterday at something in a Terry Pratchett book ; Wintersmith

6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

wearing my new Brigadier General's stars!!! Okay, I know I've mentioned this is several threads, but it's so cool.

7. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

trying this jesse (from Toy Story) costume on for a Disney themed retirement party I'm attending next week

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

What an awesome thread. (Note to self: make effort to reply to this thread often, and get back in the habit with the gratitude thread, even when you don't feel like it. Scratch that, ESPECIALLY when you don't feel like it.)

Seeing DH this morning, and his smile when he saw me. (That could be because I was bringing him breakfast, but I'm not going to think about that.)

Box-o-rye.

My sick kitty cuddling and purring...and cuddling, and cuddling, and cuddling.

My sick kitty scrambling over any/everything to get to a piece of beef jerky.

The mouse we saw running around in DH's car engine...and the fact of naming him Frederick.

Listening to DH play wonderful music.

Singing along at the top of my lungs to Queen while driving.

Having dinner and great conversation with DH.

The thought of the bubble bath I'm about to take, with drink and book in hand.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

so nice to have fellow students who are really wonderful people

10. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Social dancing for the first time in about a month. :D

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Seeing my sister's old roommate on tv. :)

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i agree.

over here... fun afternoon with oldest son, going out to lunch and (window)shopping for furniture and home furnishings. :)

best moment: hearing a bit of music in the background at chipotle that made both of us immediately think of a specific scene in the princess bride. two peas...pod. :D

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hopefully not on cops? :cool:

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahah, not far off, she was on CSI NY, as part of a group broken up by the cops. :)

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

cooool

16. latingal

consoling word from pro after an abysmal attempt at new choreography....

17. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

A distant twinkly Manhattan skyline from the NJ parkway.

I didn't even realize I would be driving within viewing distance of it until I did.

The charming spot in an otherwise exhausting and pointless day.

18. CANI

CANI Active Member

So many things...

Seeing everything coated with a pretty layer of snow this morning...

chatting with my brother who has happily found the perfect home, within his price range, for him and his fiancee...

realizing how fortunate I am to have a solid, close relationship with my brother and sister...it is so cool to be able to talk openly to two people who have known me from childhood...

After a year of trying, to have finally made shortbread that has the right taste and consistency as the shortbread my mother used to make...not perfect...but oh so close!

Learning in a monthly group I attend that two members are celebrating 30 years of marriage tomorrow.

Reading so many nice stories on DF...Nurdrms promotion...Peaches enjoying her rye bread...Wonderwoman actively pursuing a new profession...J_Alexandra swooning over her dance lesson and social dancing...and many others...

mischkeD likes this.
  19. latingal

Yeah, but it IS totally cool! Congrats again NURDRMS!

20. CANI

CANI Active Member

Lots of smiles while wishing my sister a happy birthday…

And, as always, reading things on DF made me smile…to name a few:

Every time bjp22tango posts, I see the location Oregon…now why Oregon makes me smile, this I do not know, but it never fails…

Seeing the thread title “Emergency tango shoes” – kinda made me chuckle thinking “It’s an emergency!! I must dance tango!” I’m sure the thread covers something else, but certainly made me smile.

Syncopationator registering for another comp in case one was canceled – covering all bases to have the best chance to compete this weekend…made me smile to think of the passion/drive behind that…nice…