What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

my blankie smells good
  2. Eliska

Eliska New Member

my partner and I were fighting, but when we had to prop a window open with a trash can and accidentally lost the can out the window... well... that definitely made us laugh and eased the tension :)
  3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

*grin* hopefully it wasn't a full trash can Eliska! LOL
  4. Eliska

Eliska New Member

haha no thankfully... my partner actually went out to go find it, but oddly enough he couldn't lol. Guess someone really needed an extra can for his/her house?? That whole thing definitely made us laugh.
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

lemon bars!

(I don't even really like lemon stuff. But the shortbread on the bottom, and the kinda chewy top...mmm...)
  6. latingal

my partner...I'm lucky, we usually end up getting at least one fall over on the floor laugh in a practice.
  7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Realizing that we can either pay off our home mortgage or let it ride for 30 months. wooo hoooooooo!!!!!!! Now THAT is a great choice.
  8. Peaches

Discovering strawberry chapstick that I thought I'd lost. (I love my chapstick. I've got a set of ones flavored like various sodas--the pineapple Fanta flavored one is my favorite.)
  9. wonderwoman

Want!
  10. Peaches

11. wonderwoman

Waking up without a... headache :p
  12. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

getting home early from my trip and watching my daughter try out for the next higher level of competitive soccer. Will she make it??? stay tuned...
  13. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

A fresh pair of contacts this morning, Yay!!
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Finding a huge bunny hopping around our train parking lot. Very weird. And no, it's not a jack rabbit. This is more like someone has a lost pet bunny. He's beautiful white with tan markings. Then again, there's me, chasing it (I had rabbits growing up) in all my work office glory going under the car to grab it. hahahahahaha.
  15. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

My boss coming to my cubicle, and telling me I can go home since NJ is getting hit by crazy weather. And so...I am home 2 hours early.
  16. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

The sun when I walked out the front door today.
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

18. latingal

- watching a newbie clearly enjoying himself on the floor learning swing
    - good latin lesson today
    - amateur partner really working hard and improving
  19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Finding (at an unwary moment), the DVD of Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison. Starring Robert Mitchum and the luminous Deborah Kerr--known as "The English Rose" in her day. It makes you think about the brief encounters of our lives, and how every one you meet leaves an impression on you however imperceptible. (As when two objects of any kind touch, exchanging atoms, in spite of apparently being unaffected at all.)
  20. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

So I noticed earlier in the week that my company was doing a shoe drive for people in Haiti. There's this big long hallway in one of the buildings that's probably about... 200 yards long? Seems like about the length of two football fields. Anyways, the concept of the drive is that people line up their old shoes (they still had to be in decent condition) along the big hallway to see if they could reach the end.

Today I wandered down into the hallway... and BOTH sides... both... were completely lined with shoes. Side-by-side. All different types, work shoes, boots, sneakers, sandals, even some fashionable (but functional) ladies shoes. It just brought this big smile to my face. I guess because it was something tangible, right in front of me, showing that people cared.