What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Also this:

I have a friend who is disabled and mostly housebound, and yesterday he went for an outpatient medical procedure that didn't go so well, leaving him with a lot of pain and discomfort, and feeling exhausted by the whole thing. He had one of those downward spiral kind of days, where he was just generally fed up with life.
    And then around 11pm he got a surprise phone call from someone he was neighbors with in 1987. I forget his name but I'll call him Rick. Rick says he was sitting at home the other day and suddenly thought of Kenny out of the clear blue sky. He called 411 to see if he could get his phone number, found it and called him. They talked for 45 minutes and Rick said he'd come visit sometimes. Kenny slept better than he has in a long time and woke up feeling in a good mood, which was great to see.
    chomsky likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

bordertangoman
  3. chomsky

bordertangoman did!
  4. mischkeD

mischkeD New Member

Waking up and realising i've been blessed with another day-to live,love and DANCE:)
  5. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

My boss. Don't laugh.
    chomsky likes this.
  6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Yesterday afternoon, my good friend Darlene sent me a photo on my phone. A butterfly sitting on a flower, it's my phone's background now. She took it and sent it to me, because she said the color of it reminded her of the color of my hair. One of the sweetest sentiments given to me in a long time. :)
  7. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

My colleague's arrival in the office with the news that the thing she was terrified of yesterday went really well. :DGoodoner.
    MultiFaceted Dancer likes this.
  8. chomsky

Μy auntie! She gave me a lollipop! She is paying me one lesson as a gift for good luck cos I had no pain so far today! yupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  9. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

The sheer joy of a dog who gets to go for a car ride with the windows down on a beautiful fall morning.
    MultiFaceted Dancer and chomsky like this.
  10. chomsky

the little forest next to the gym where I practice and take my lesson the last two years...magic...
  11. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

Always nice to face your fears and all goes well.
    Ice Bucket and chomsky like this.
  12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Making improvements in my dancing and having someone very special to share those groundbreaking moments with
    chomsky likes this.
  13. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Making improvements in my dancing and having someone very special to share those groundbreaking moments with
    chomsky and MultiFaceted Dancer like this.
  14. MultiFaceted Dancer

Wonderful and Nice to have someone to Share with
    chomsky likes this.
  15. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

The giant puffball cat with HUGE feet 'guarding' the car when we came out of the studio and wanted to socialize with us.
  16. MultiFaceted Dancer

How Cute
  17. chomsky

SO SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

We now have a picture of the Rat Pack in our living room. :)
  19. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

The expression of the faces of my (male, military) coworkers as I explained the criticality of the precise shade of the colour I want for my dress... absolutely priceless.
  20. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

The girl who bought my old dress got it today. She looks amazing! I'm so glad it went to a good home... It was a little more emotional than I thought it would be actually mailing it out