What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I saw an ad for a Christmas Shirt that read
    "Let's eat Grandma"
    "Let's eat, Grandma"
    Commas make all the difference in life
    chomsky likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

2 more days and I am celebrating! hooray!!!!!!!!!!
  3. 3wishes

Planning to steal Grandson #2 out of school/mid-week to take him to his first day of SnowSkiing at the local hill. HE IS EXCITED!
  4. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I had a fitness assessment at my gym today... I'm 25lbs lighter than I thought I was (I was hiding from the scale) and somehow gained 3/4" in height, now at 5'11", which I attribute to dance improving my posture. :-D
  5. Loki

Loki Active Member

Lagertha returns tonight!
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

One of my staff members just drew me a map to a meeting room for tommorrow. Complete with "you are here" notation, arrows to mark my path, and an "x" at the boardroom. It's my workplace treasure map, and it's ridiculous and awesome.
    chomsky likes this.
  7. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

Cute
    chomsky likes this.
  8. 3wishes

A most goregous sunrise and reading my favorite Bible verse of thanks.
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

When in the world does it ever happen that a complete stranger whom you've never seen before walks in off the street, puts on his shoes, accepts your invitation to tango, and you dance an entire tango without one single glitch? I don't care who you are, that's a unicorn situation right there.

That actually happened to me tonight. I know I should be over this idealistic, rosy-tinted annoying-as-hell-to-you-seasoned-better-thans by now, but it's things like this that make me feel like yes, I can feel totally justified saying "I'm a ballroom dancer" with a straight face.

Thanks, Doug from Detroit.
    chomsky and dancelvr like this.
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

cutest toddler in the world
  11. Loki

Loki Active Member

Decent weather although it's supposed to snow again tonight. WTH?
    MultiFaceted Dancer likes this.
  12. 3wishes

Our grandson, pitching fast pitch, striking out 3 players - for the FIRST TIME! Call me a "little league grandmother"
    MultiFaceted Dancer likes this.
  13. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

How 2010 "face" met the 80s "face". Should have seen that in the cinema..
  14. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

This is a great thread. I should look at it every day and open a new page. :) This thread makes me smile :)
    chomsky likes this.
  15. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

16. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

Cool
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

cranky little old lady from the gym who curses like a sailor called the gym the other night to see when I was teaching next so that she could make me her famous pasta salad because I gave her a hug, a back rub, and did some jitterbug with her to keep her from going off on someone else (yet again)....could have knocked me over with a feather....she is so exhausting sometimes...so it was really a comfort at the end of a horrible week
  18. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

giving!!!!!!!