What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

LOL, ok, now the reminder of that whole bug incident made me smile. a nd laugh. :)

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I took a picture of it, but the cable to upload pics from the camera is at DH's work. Bugger. I shall upload them and put them on FB (along with various snow pics) ASAP.

3. Peaches

I have no idea what you two are talking about. *whistles innocently.*

(Aside to Nybz: You're on thin ice, pal. Don't make me not bake and mail what I was going to bake and mail to you.)

4. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Nope sorry no ice here, I had a warm(ok cold) snowless day

5. CANI

CANI Active Member

You always sound like such a sweetheart, etp. Your friends are lucky to have a caring, thoughtful friend like you.

6. CANI

CANI Active Member

We need the picture here!! for those of us who have not taken the plunge to get onto FB!! Pretty please with sugar on top?

7. latervet1

latervet1 Member

Saw my music man at the bus stop on the way home from work this am.
    Slight explanation: I do not personally know "the music man." he is a mentally challenged individual probably in his early 30's. I used to see him sitting at a certain bus stop on the way to work all the time. He wears head phones and majorly jams out to his music, waving his arms, banging his head, pounding his feet and always with a huge grin. He always makes me smile. it is so much fun to see his joy (and to witness the reactions from those sitting around him) he has been gone for a while but i saw him at a different bus stop. I didnt realize how much i missed him. some day I will have to get out of my car to tell him how much he brightens my day.

8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

today, CANI's comment. :) THanks

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

don't wait :)

10. Peaches

the bobcat guy who's cleaning out the street and the last few feet of our parking spots!

11. Peaches

If I could figure out how, I would.

12. Peaches

Got it figured out. Look at my pictures. One isn't included yet, but there is a close-up of the feet, and my feet in boots.

13. CANI

CANI Active Member

:rocker::grin::banana:You Rock! Love them!! What a great gift, too, you are getting a lot of wear out of it. Now...if I was pushy...I'd be asking where you went once the pink bunnies fit into the hiking boots...but I shall leave that to the collective imagination...:p...I'll be good since you shared the pictures...

14. Peaches

The PBO was a christmas gift from my brother and sister-in-law. A couple of days after my brother called to apologize for it, because he didn't think I would like it. I had to convince him that I loved it. I practically live in it on the weekends.

As for where I was going...outside to smoke.

15. CANI

CANI Active Member

I can imagine it would be perfect to hang out in during the weekend -- especially during the winter -- probably warm and comfortable.

Going outside to smoke was actually what I guessed.

As for what made me smile today? Pink bunny feet in the DF Photo gallery:D...

and now smiling after a good, long cry which was very much needed.

16. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

when my mom died and my dad re-married, he sort of threw away all of the relatives on my mom's side, who were our primary family and friends for their entire marriage...and since he no longer lives in that town, I don't see those folks as often as I used to...no one's fault really...just that our common meeting place no longer exists...so it was a wonderful treat today to have one of my aunts with whom my mom was closest, stop by for a surprise visit...really really a nice slice of something that all of us have missed...doubly awesome b/c our daughter is home this weekend to also benefit from it

18. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

googling cakes :lol:

19. New in NY

New in NY New Member

My daughter asking me to "please be more pacific about that."

20. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

my buddy's status message
    Tim will one day tell his great grandchildren about the time before the snow.