What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Eliska

Eliska New Member

The staff at the local coffee shop who always have my drink ready and like to chat about the weekend.
  2. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

the smell of coffee brewing
  3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

just washed my hair, it smells good
  4. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

Realizing that a week from today I have a holiday from work (President's Day) and that on that day I will get to spend some quallity time with a friend over lunch. :D
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Watching Teach demonstrate quickstep basics in ssssslllllooooooooowwwww motion, and then break into a brief moonwalk.
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh. Oh no. No no no. I don't want another day at home.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

introducing my dtr to pro and to derek
  8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

one of my partners...I'm blessed to have all of them, but today this one made me laugh. hey working hard is a given, so you might as well have a bit of fun while you're at it!
  9. Peaches

Walkng outside and seeing and feeling the snowflakes on my eyelashes. (Related gripe: How come I couldn't have gotten gorgeous eyelashes like my brother got. Talk about totally wasted on someone!)
  10. fascination

my lessons...which are just immensely gratifying...specifically, pro is now into getting me to have fun and "play"...so he does alot of impromptu cool stuff that maked me laugh...and generally mess up
  11. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

armageddon! was my favorite movie when i was 15.
  12. CANI

CANI Active Member

Hearing that my uncle's mother is turning 99 in about 2 weeks. She has her own apartment in Ireland (in an home for the elderly)...she walks into town every week to get her hair done...she knits every day...and she helps her neighbors, who are in their 70s get around...she is mentally and physically sharp...amazing woman...hope to see her later this year if I get to go to her grandson's (my cousin's) wedding in Ireland...whenever my brother and sister and I went to Ireland during the summers, she always had a new hand-knit sweater waiting for us, and now she frequently sends beautiful hand-knit sweaters to my sister's kids..what a lady...
  13. fascination

cani...that is so cool
  14. CANI

CANI Active Member

It really is:D

Catching up on DF...two more smiles...seeing that Larinda had a nice b-day...and that fascination got to introduce her daughter to her pro and to Derek...reminds me of amazing mother-daughter times I used to have with my mother...and that also brings me to smile that 99% of the time when I think of my Mom I smile in happiness for our time together instead of crying for missing her (which, of course, still happens, but now there a good smiles too):D
  15. Peaches

Wow. I want to be just like that when I get older.

I guess this means I need to take up knitting. And helping people. In light of the whining thread conversation, perhaps I should aspire to something else.;):D
  16. CANI

CANI Active Member

Me too!

I think it has a lot to do with having a reason for being. And I've always been impressed with how you make time for your friends...and having fun...and how you are such an avid cook/baker (I'm working on boiling water still as far as cooking goes ;))...I'm sure you don't need to change a thing!:D
  17. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

it still is one of my favorite movies...i rewatch it at least once every 6 months
  18. CANI

CANI Active Member

Hearing today that my cousin has finished his masters in astrophysics...and has decided to keep it as his 'back-up' profession, and instead pursue his interest in being involved in music with his church...

Also hearing that his fiancee has just found out that she successfully passed her medical school finals and will soon hear about her residency program...

Happy to hear them happy and starting their careers...and so fortunate that, so far, I like everyone who has married into or is going to marry into the family!!!
  19. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

watching my friends see improvement in their dancing....it makes them happy, so I'm happy!
  20. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but it would ruin my plans to be the crazy old broad peeing in a trash can at the nursing home. And I've really got my life course set for that. I do crochet though, so I guess I can still make sweaters for people at least! (If y'all get a sweater in the mail from me in a few years, you may want to wash before wearing, as I can't promise it will only be trashcans....)