What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I really like this thread. Thanks, WW!

What made me smile: taking a walk in the howling blizzard. Was fun.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lolz, hopped on over to this thread to document the same thing. :)

walked through gorgeous snow to do laundry a couple times. lordie, it was so beautiful... may have to go out again in a bit, just to see the twinkly lights on the trees glimmering through the falling snow. purrty.

4. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

seeing the new employee, finally, some support staff!

5. j_alexandra

Seeing my friend Liz for the first time since October.

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

pleasant lunch wiht my dad.

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I smiled after seeing a YouTube video of FJ and Catherine Abaya dancing bolero, in a competition from 2006. There's a kind of old-fashioned glamour to them, especially with Catherine...

"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."

8. j_alexandra

Spouse saying, and I quote, "Aren't you going dancing?"

Breakthrough!

9. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

very much enjoyed a lazy day with no obligations or chores. i did a little laundry and some dishes but those didnt feel like chores, they relax me. i read, watched tv, played oncomputer a bit. nowhere i need to be.. and i think whats relaxing me is knowing i can go back out to md, get rid of most of my stuff, pack up and come back to my moms house til i find a job. i have nothing really to worry about.

10. gracie

gracie Active Member

Fun time shopping with SO. Needed a new coat due to "cold" weather in Florida. Used new iphone to map where we were all by myself. Usually my kids have to help me do that sort of thing.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my jobs...felt like crap this morning and the ladies, excited to zumba, helped me to rally

and, even better tonight, watching young couples facing all of life's difficulties and still fighting to stay close and nourish their love...

I am so blessed

and finally, for the support of some wonderful people here on df who placed some very kind remarks my way when it was very appreciated

12. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

funny stories told by good friends....

13. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Throwing a stick for Ruby :D She goes mental when I do that, won't give it back either and trots off like she owns the place!

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

The damn cat, and how desperate he gets to cuddle. It's so aggravating sometimes, but it's also so pathetic and so adorable. And then he looks at me with his HUGE green eyes, and gives me that pathetic look, and I know he's sick and dying...and I cave every time. It always makes me laugh.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

loved hearing this. how heart-warming...

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

an unsolicited "happy valentine's day" from someone i care about... first words out of his mouth for the day. honestly, there's my present...

17. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

looking at my cruise itinerary, three weeks before the big trip!

18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

a beautiful valentines day card....

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Disc 3 of Season One of How I Met Your Mother...

Making progress on my homework--after falling behind so much in my current class!

20. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

a day off