What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my boy was home...very nice
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

The people at the new dance class were really nice :)
  3. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

I had a conversation this morning with 2 guys. One described a video of a marriage counselor (?) explaining one of the differences between men and women.

According to the video, the man's brain is full of boxes, each containing a separate subject. The man's favorite box, the one his brain prefers to be in when given a chance, is the empty box. No pressures, no worries, no thoughts, just empty and restful.

The woman's brain is full of connections ... a network of activity where every thought is linked to a duty. The woman can't stand to see the man sit quietly doing nothing ... it makes her uncomfortable ... she can't understand it and she feels the need to make him "do" something.

The way my friend described it ... combined with what I know of his family life (and he obviously loves his wife) and what he knows of my family life ...
    I wasn't just smiling, but laughing so hard I was dabbing at my eyes with a tissue to keep my mascara from running.

But then the other guy pointed out that it's not necessarily a "guy" thing ... because he gets the same reaction from his husband when he's sitting there quietly. .... too funny.

(Or maybe you had to be there ...)
  4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Scheduling a lesson. :)
  5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

the prospect of two days away from the office (aka, a weekend)
  6. wonderwoman

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Thrift store finds!
    A pretty flowery skirt that will be perfect for Easter!
    A Panama T-shirt for $2.50 for SO who used to live in Panama! He's going to love it!
  8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Kitty in the shopping bag - very cute!
  9. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

Beautiful warm weather!
  10. wonderwoman

The fact I just threw out 15 pairs of size 4-6 pants I can't get in to anymore, but am keeping a pair of size 2 jeans for posterity. If I ever fit in to these again it will be a miracle.
  11. fascination

great big zumba class today :)
  12. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

My 79 year old stepfather, making us a full breakfast, after we drove to visit him, because apparently I need to eat. pissssssssss, shhhhhhh, I think my DH made up for anything I've not eaten in the last week. lol.
  13. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

seeing my instructor this morning, he hurt his back last week at California Open
  14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Not a whole lot really...got woken up too early, then had to block out everyone while doing homework. Then went to work, which was filled with indecisive customers, then came home and have to block out people again.
  15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

playing with the dogs. :)
  16. fascination

saving a couple from alot of misery
  17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Spouse bought a large, long, and heavy item and two minutes later sold it for a four-figure profit. I never even saw it, and thus never had to lift it, haul it, load it in the van, take it to UPS... Way to go, Spouse! :D
  18. CANI

CANI Active Member

How terrific!!! On so many counts!!!:rocker:
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

definitely no smack-upside-the-head emoticon for DH today. :tongue:
  20. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

No smacky. He did good, as the saying goes.

Today's smile, so far: no fresh snow outside the motel room!