What makes a guy a good grinder?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Backstreet, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Backstreet

Backstreet New Member

Usually I will be in a club and I LOVE to freestyle. I do a lot of popping, waving, locking, BBOY, etc. These are mostly "solo" types of dances. Often when I am dancing I will attract the attention of others and sometimes they will want to dance with me.

I have knowledge of Salsa and have taken classes before. However, in a typical club environment the average person lacks the "vocabulary" of Salsa moves. (I also know Meringue and Cha-Cha too) Thus, I usually do not use these moves due to the lack of communication (It is EXTREMELY loud). Most people can understand a general turn or something of that nature but fancier moves they will not pick up on. (Or I simply need to improve my ability to lead)

Anyways, the typical club environment is usually grinding. Most people understand this and I know how to do it. One thing I have always wondered is what makes a guy a good grinder? What seperates one guy from another? While there may be opinions I think we can come to a general consensus.

Similar to how we could make a list of what makes a good lead, what about a good grinder?
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

A little ice cream and sponge cake and you can make Baked Alaska!
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

there really should be a grinders-r-us.com forum out there...
  5. tj

tj New Member

6. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

A good grinder is like a good lover. Entirely subjective and really depends on the connection or lack thereof between the 2 individuals partaking in the said act.

In other words, if she digs you, its all good. If not, you'll never be good.

i actually like grinding questions. its always possible to be relvant and yet vague ;)
  7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

tj, I love you. I was craving a good hearty sandwich myself right now! :D
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

looks good. and am quite partial to the sbux italian grinders... quite nice.
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

actually... a nice italian grinder would be preferable in a variety of instances... heh
  10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

good hip action..?
  11. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

i prefer the term "hoagie".

the bread should be sufficiently crusty for texture, yet soft enough on the inside to soak up the condiments which should include a good olive oil...