What should we think?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by macha, Sep 24, 2005.

1. HF

HF New Member

This reminds me to one of the first events when I learned to waltz in a dance school. During a viennese waltz my gf and me were moving at the border in dance direction when a heavily sweating guy with a despaired looking partner broke out of the middle zone waltzing right to our position ... yelling out loudly: "Please, go out of the way ... I can't stop ... !!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yeah...I guess as I reflect upon it with some sleep and some coffee under my belt....who cares? I mean if they are happy and aren't into intense mode...good for them...and truly even if one does develop a taste for comps...If you go to them and start seeing your instructor and all of his /her students getting dusted....you can always switch if it matters to you....and you think its the instruction that is lacking

3. fascination

ROTFL you've met my husband then?....he never learned anything but the basic so watch out....when my instructor (a.ka. "the boss" these days) and I do VW every once in a while during practice, b/c we both sweat like a hot louisiana afternoon, when we open up and he sort of throws me out there (can't remember the name of the move) I will go flying ...like the length of a football field b/c our hands got too sweaty.....always fun to wonder which bone is broken before rising to do it all over again :lol:

4. HF

HF New Member

Oh yes, this is also a popular one ... :lol:

5. macha

macha New Member

:roll:

6. fascination

speechless? :wink:

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

OMG! That's hilarious! :lol: :lol:

8. macha

macha New Member

Happy feet, I've got some happy feet! :D

9. macha

macha New Member

Followup:

Found out why everyone purposely left the dance floor AND the establishment when we danced our last cha-cha. It was because it was an open-hold position cha-cha with cross-body leads (yes, we made very sure we had enough space to do this- we know not to ride an elephant into downtown New York), triple chasses, etc. and "It isn't the acceptable style that WE teach. "

Ok, does this sound like DF has lately on cha-cha? LOL

But no, seriously- It was because it was a style the school owners didn't like, and verbatim "You were having too much fun with it- nobody that goes there knows how to do that, so you made them mad."

:shock:

Wait- nobody there knows how to stumble over their own heels, and have to start over, or count instead of chat? OR stop completely because they're cracked up because of having a sudden, unbidden "Diarrhea, Cha-cha-CHA!" Beavis and Butthead thought moment? Wow.

But apparently word traveled fast that some Evil Newbies from the Other Place stormed their innocent Elysian, Rented Factory Building cum Foot-Smelling Studio Paradise.

Ah, well. It's good to know I still got it! :twisted:

PS: Everyone there was really dressed to the NINES, right? Well, come to find out that one of them works at a Dillard's- she's sneaking them clothes to borrow out the back door when the mall closes, so they can return them later! *snicker*

Gotta love Kaintuck's version of "class", eh?. Makes me have an unnatural fondness for sheep- I wonder, would they do the Paso Cuarte?. :shock: ... :wink: :lol: