What's the most embarrassing moment you've had dancing?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Suaveson, Feb 12, 2004.

1. ktia85

ktia85 Member

I didnt know this either until 4 mo into dancing, one of the female instructors noticed that I was wearing dresses more and said that she wanted to give me a little tip to wear dance panties when I wear dresses/skirts. I am glad she told me before that become an embarrassing moment. :D
  2. ColorfulRibbons

ColorfulRibbons New Member

In a theater arts routine I was suppose to jump and my partner was supposed to catch me. I jumped. He didn't catch.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

okay....relatively new one...pro normally wears a turtleneck sort of thing for latin...but he gets into a nice shirt when he is going to do open latin with his daughter....but I had to dance right before that so it was my first time dancing with him in a shirt that buttons up...pro and I have fairly similar coloring and, while we were setting up, I noticed that one of my hairs seemd to be on his shirt and he is a pretty meticulous sort of fellow so I wanted to take the hair off his shirt and much to my horror, it was not my hair... it was a bit of his hair peeking through an open area...he, very properly mind you, looked down to see what I was up to, as I was yanking the hair...and then he simply looked at me like "what in heaven's name DO you think you are doing?"....thought I would die a 1000 deaths...and not long after that I raked him so hard across the chest in a routine, with my acrylic nails, that he just looked at me...and said...in all seriousness..."I think you took my nipple off"....the poor man....am surprised he didn't charge me double for that day
  4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

wow!
  5. chomsky

hi la ri ous!
  6. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Oh no!
  7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

lol!!!
  8. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Again I ask, what's the ballroom word for Mayday?

ROTFLMFAO!!!
  9. ktia85

ktia85 Member

That is hilarious!!
  10. stash

stash Well-Known Member

So while social dancing Tango with a relatively new amateur open dancer, (I being a bronze dancer at the time), I managed to trip over the back of his legs and almost brought both of us down. I have no clue to this day how my legs ended up behind his.
  11. Aura

Aura Active Member

I think the "worst" things I've done to my partners are bodily injuries of some sort. I've accidentally kicked one in the shin while I spun, and I've scratched the same one with my nails that were quite long at the time.
  12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Do you somehow manage to work developpes into your spins?
  13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

fasc, stories are hilarious!! I know the die a hundred deaths feeling well! LOL!
  14. latingal

Pro was wearing a button down shirt, and we're doing some turning pattern where my hand goes on his chest. During the turn my hand got a bit caught in one of his shirt buttons and when it released, it undid the middle button without him noticing.

So after we stop, not thinking about it at all, I start reaching toward his shirt to button it but then realizing half way there what I'm doing, I stop and kind of stare at his exposed chest with what was probably a blank, what should I do look on my face. He looks at me - still not realizing his shirt is open - and says "What? You want to touch me again?".

ROTFL - please realize my pro is quite the kidder....
  15. latingal

aaargh.....
  16. latingal

rotfl!!
  17. Aura

Aura Active Member

Nope. I just got careless with my legs, and kicked him in the shin. One of the newer teachers told me she hit him in the forehead when she was doing peek-a-boos.
  18. mygoldfish

mygoldfish New Member

I haven't really been dancing for long enough to have anything *TOO* embarrassing happen just yet...but I do have a few stories...

This one's not MY fault, but I figure any story involving bloodshed definitely earns a spot on this thread right? lol. In my cuban salsa class once, I was dancing with a guy who, I might add, has NO excuse cause he's one of the few leads that is taller than me (I'm 6' tall lol). He led me into a quick spin on the end of another move, and I spun right into his elbow with my face...we stopped dancing and I was laughing it off when I was informed that my lip was bleeding. I'm just glad I didn't get a nosebleed...it felt like I was going to!

Another time, also in salsa class, I was dancing with another guy and we like to do this fun dip - spin spin spin, then I lay back over his leg and tuck my knee behind his arm/shoulder so we can both let go and I hang there. Well this time we were a bit sloppy and I landed in the wrong place so my knee didn't hook his arm right to hold me up, so when we let go we slowly started sliding...him falling backward losing his balance and me sliding toward the ground, until we finally collapsed into a pile on the floor. In front of everyone. lol. And the class is held in a bar (in an extra area they don't always use) and the floor was definitely not very clean...yuck! lol

Once in ballroom club we were learning lifts (same guy from above teaching them to us) and he was doing one with me that ends with me coming down from his arms into a hand stand to end the lift. It was my first time doing it, and, plus, he's slightly shorter than me; when he said "hand stand" I reached down to do it but ended up not quite getting my hands underneath me right, so when he let me go I kinda just slid/fell to the ground. Ended up with a bruise and small spot of rug burn on my upper back, right on my spine at the base of my neck where I landed, haha.
  19. chomsky

This thread was an inspiration for me back in December. It inspired me to set a target: to have an embarassing moment at a showcase, to fall down. The reason behind it was that I wanted to prove to myself that I would get up again, I wouldn't stop and just get angry at myself; I would just rise up and move on; I would just be fearless! So, it was my dream. But it didn't happen. Still, I guess it has; it's happened in a different way; and this thread has been an inspiration for it...
  20. Aura

Aura Active Member

I suppose I could share my most awkward dancing moment in an attempt to revive this thread, as I've just remembered it.

I started dancing consistently again during my senior year of high school. That year, two teachers in the math department got engaged after dating for some months. I didn't think too much of it because I never had a class with either of them (Math isn't my forte). I was at an evening group class one day when an elderly couple in the class pointed out my high school T-shirt that I was wearing. Turns out, their daughter was said engaged teacher from school. It was slightly awkward, but I quickly got over it.

What was awkward was when her husband-to-be decided to surprise me as I was planning my next private lesson by poking me under the ribs from behind whilst shouting my high school mascot in my ear. I squealed in surprise while he just cackled evilly. Turns out, he was their for a pre-wedding dance lesson. His fiance just said this as they were heading in, "So, I hear you've been dancing with my parents." No comment from me on that one.