What's the most embarrassing moment you've had dancing?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Suaveson, Feb 12, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish New Member

ahahaha i love this thread. people in the office have been asking me why i'm smiling at the computer. trying not to crack up.

the best was when i lost my shoe doing the charleston, god knows how i kicked, but one shoe flew off and narrowly missed another couple. that same night, it flew off again, but this time it was in a circle jam, after i was lifted. when i landed my partner carried me off whilst i kicked my bare foot :oops:

another time i was trying to lead, turned the follow a couple of times, and tried to do a double turn myself. i didn't spot, lost my balance, and went careening towards a glass door. my nose was half an inch from it before said follow grabbed my hand, yanked hard and rescued me.

just last night i didn't carry my weight in a low dip and got dropped. nearly took my lead down with me too, we were struggling to get off the floor. now this happened three times in one night, with three different men. you think that after they saw me mess up a dip on the dance floor they wouldn't want to try it themselves (or that i'd figure out the balance issue), but nooo...

2. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:) I had one of those 'top' problems...

I was dancing with this guy (a very good friend of mine and an excellent dancer) on a fast salsa ("Aranca en fa" of Sonora Carusselles) and I was wearing one of those back-less tops... Around the neck kind of stuff... so, the guy puts me into a dip, and my right breast slips off the top! My friends were waving to us as mad, but we were having such a great time, that we didn't notice! We just clicked and couldn't pay attention to anything else... so, I dance and spin and CBL with one breast out for like 3 minutes... we finish with a perfectly chosen dip (which only worsened the problem), we hug and then we're off the dance floor... the disco was already half empty, only the usual salseros and salseras remained... everybody knew both of us... so, I walk off the dance floor, happy, with one breast out! My friends are waving like mad by now... I see them finally and wave back... they try to show me what had happenned, I keep on smiling and then I look down! Oh my GOD! I was sooooo embarassed...

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

The "Janet Jackson" effect, eh? Hope no one tried to sue! :lol:

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

So when are we going to get to dance? :wink:

5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

No, nobody sued... they wanted to see more of the top... :oops: :shock: :lol:

Whenever you want, SD... should I expect you down here?! I promise I'll wear that top... just for you! :oops: 8) :twisted:

6. dr daffy

dr daffy New Member

well, i'm very late for this thread, lol.

my most embarrassing dance moment would probobly be when i totally messed up on my tap dance routine at a concert. i did the completely different thing than the other two dancers who were dancing with me. it was so blatantly obvious... luckily, i recovered and picked up where the other dancers were.... it was bad, lol :oops:

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Don't tempt me! :oops: :wink: :lol:

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey. You recovered. That's what counts. 8)

9. dr daffy

dr daffy New Member

hehe, yes, true. i still hope i never have that happen to me again, lol

10. moondance

moondance New Member

embarrassing moments!

In my dance class yesterday somehow my dance teacher got his hand caught in top of my dress and managed to pull in down it was fine because i had a a strappy top under it but then in rumba he was facing me can't remember what we were doing but he grabbed my boob his face looked like he had gone into shock but i just burst out laughing his face was so funny like he had seen a ghost! I don't think he was expecting me 2 react that way :D but we get on reali well so we just made a joke out of it lol

Anyone else had any embarrasing or funny momment?

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we actually have another thread on this that hopefully can be found and merged...

12. fascination

actually went and looked and there are many similar but couldn't really find one worth merging...still I would enourage you to do a search using the words; most embarrassing moments, and you will find about five similar threads to read...which certainly lends support to the fact that these things are fairly common...folks can also feel free to answer again here

13. Stillharbor

Stillharbor New Member

This one has to been the worst so far...

My teacher and I were recently at a comp. Well, to keep from getting that unsightly muffin top, I cut the waistband off my fishnets. I had already done 5 heats and had no problem. So I'm sitting off the dancefloor waiting for my next heats. Just when I'm starting to think about getting up to make sure I'm ready, they jump ahead 5/6 heats and my teacher is running over to drag me on the floor. So I throw off the sports jacket and walk out on the floor. As I'm walking out I can feel my fishnets sliding down!! :shock: :shock: The only thing keeping them on is that they are under my bodysuit and now hangign from the crotch. When we get to our section I try to wiggle around and tug them up without anyone noticing. However, the minute we start dancing I can feel that terrible sliding feeling again. I was on the floor for several heats in a row and hissed to my teacher my problem. Again between heats I tried to subtly tug the fishnets up. I've been trying to dance conservatively so the problem doesn't show, but no good. So before the heat for the ECS started, I ended up reaching down the back of my costume to pull up my fishnets in front of the judges, coompetitiors, and the crowd. :oops:

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm embarassed just reading about it! :oops:

15. fascination

feeling your pain...eek

16. taylor1990

taylor1990 New Member

Haha these posts are all very interesting! I can't say I've ever really had an embarrasing moment though, or maybe I just can't think of one right now.

17. fascination

I have been on the recieving end of spittle and the giving end of too many refried beans...ya just learn to roll with it

18. You're my kind of woman.

19. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Beans beans
    Good for the heart
    Beans beans
    GREAT for the heart!

20. fascination

lol...wanted to die a thousand times over...