What's the most embarrassing moment you've had dancing?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Suaveson, Feb 12, 2004.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i recall being mortified at a large showcase (not at pro's studio) where right before going out on the dance floor i put on a dress owned by pro's partner (who is significantly more slender than i) and, in the glaring fluorescence of the dressing room noticed horrible panty lines which cut into my ample posterior in a way that was not apparent when i tried the dress on at her place. the dress was absolutely skin tight, with no lining - i suddenly realized i was about to step out in front of hundreds of people in "the naked dress", and i had no other option at hand.

in the privacy of the dressing room, i was utterly mortified. then decided to leave my embarrassment there, because there was nothing that could be done.

it's that blue dress with swirls in the photo gallery. there were some shots that came out that were indeed... revealing (not in the photo gallery)... even tho i was encased like a sausage. but... well... it was a learning experience about how to try things on in the future.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I have also been snotted on...lol...stuff happens

3. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I had to go in the gallery and look. :)

I have several dresses with tube skirt and they have a tendency to ride up, especially if I am also wearing pantyhose. So, after experiencing that at a party a few times, I don't wear them for dancing anymore.

I came close to having my skirt accidentally pulled off during a lesson.

But my most embarrassing moment was when I hit a guy on the nose while doing an underarm turn during a group class many years ago. He was approximately same height as I was, so his nose was right there in the path of my elbow.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh yes... those dread moments. i believe i've only injured my pro, during lessons, stomping on toe or hitting nose. he is so composed all the time that the few times i've really nailed him enough to cause him to break it (composure, not nose, heh)... oh... have just felt awful.

5. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

almost falling flat on my face when we were doing double pickup steps. I still find that a challenge and need to keep working on it. :D I did shout out 'oh sh**' to the amusement of my fellow tappers :D

6. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

My most embarrassing moment happened a couple months ago. My partner decided to put a tumble turn in our quickstep routine and I did just that. Tumbled onto the floor of a crowded studio. Yikes:mad:

7. STACYGRL

STACYGRL New Member

Taha

EMBARESSING I THINK I HAVE EVERYONE BEAT!!! I WAS DANCING WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS AND ME BEING THE IRISH GIRL I AM, I AM VERY GOOD AT HIP HOP STYLE DANCING WELL DURING ONE OF THE DANCES I NOTICE THAT THE BACK POCKET OF MY JEANS WERE COMING UNSTITCHED SO THERE WAS A LITTLE WHOLE IN THE BUTT EHH THAT NOTHING I FIGURED SO WHEN WE WERE DANCING AGAIN ONE OF THE GUYS THAT HAPPEND TO BE DANCING W/US PULLED THE POCKET YA!! MY ENTIRE BUTT WAS SHOWING SAD TO SAY I HAD TO RETIRE MY FAV. PAIR OF JEANS...
    BUT LUCKILY MY BOYFRIEND HAD A LONG JACKET I PUT IT AROUND MY WASTE AND CONTINUED DANCING HAHA:p

8. Pirate Smith

Pirate Smith Member

Yeah,,,, Yeah... Yeah....

OK.....boobs out... spit on partner... and what male from the Disco era... hasn't split his pants more than once.... While at a comp... some IDIOT designed the dance floor with a mirrored back wall.... and well, in the heat of the dance... all things flowing....gliding... and swaying... I led my partner right into the mirrored wall... thinking I had more dance floor..... and it got worse.... no one could stop the rest of the comp... and wipe the blood stains and body prints off ..... which by the way..... have you ever seen a "pressed ham" image on a mirror..... I still have nightmares of that "ghost image" on that mirror.....

and people want to know why I switched to Latin... the worse I can do .. is moon the audiance... which I have done many times before in the Disco... and by the way.... I still have a decent bum.... LOLOLOL... Pirate Smith

9. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

:oops:
    :oops:

Well I thought of one more for me. My partner needed someone to fill in for his regular "Tango" partner to perform at a restaurant. Well the very first performance, some drunk guy sees his friend across the restaurant, gets up from the bar and walks right across our path. The next thing I know, I'm sliding across the floor on my posterior. I probably slid 5 maybe 6 feet. The first thing they "the restaurant" did was make me sign something stating that if I was injured, it wasn't "their" fault. Of course the only thing injured was my pride.

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! This isn't dance related, but I had this happen to me at work. We get to wear jeans on the weekend. What I didn't notice is that my jeans had torn somehow, and my butt was showing. Well, thankfully the underwear that I had on matched my outfit lol. My friend at work thought at first that it was a style I was trying to pull off, but realized that it was just a really big hole, and that hole just got bigger and bigger lol! What's worse is that we had training that day, and so there was a bunch of new guys that morning. Oh well. My response was, I have a cute butt. I don't mind lol. So, everyone laughed at that including my supervisor lol. I could have cried, but I just laughed about it lol. What else can you really do during a time like that lol? I did ask my supervisor if I could go home and change though, because I didn't want to become an HR issue lol. The guys were a bit disappointed that I did that lol. Those jeans are now long gone lol!!!!

11. tanya_the_dancer

I went to the gym during lunch break once and put my shirt inside out accidentally when I was done and did not notice it until 3 hours and several face-to-face conversations later.

12. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Bwahaha! You expect us to believe that was after a trip "to the gym"??? :p

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

lol wooh.

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

at a comp...my former BFF...(not so F apparently) was ogling this certain pro's posterior...personally, he doesn't do it for me but okay, nice posterior...and anyhow, FP, b/c he is a punk...hollers over to said pro that he was creating an "uproar"...said pro, AND his wife, holding their newborn child, and a bunch of her friends (oy)...all turn and look sqaure at former BFF and I...and not in a heartwarming way...and wasn't even in to the dude!!!!...not the greatest moment...still think FP was just a little put off b/c we were ogling in front of him

15. tanya_the_dancer

Well, yeah. What else to do during a lunch break?

16. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Now that's dedication! :D

17. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Conversation with an instructor at the studio:

Instructor: How's it going?
    Me: I competed at X comp last weekend.
    Instructor: Did you have fun?
    Me: It was good. Did you get a chance to go, too?
    Instructor: I was judging. ;)
    Me: :oops:

18. Kits

Kits New Member

I was in a group class and the person I was dancing with had his fly down. I wanted to tell him but the teacher told us to change partners. I wonder if the other girl saw it I hope she was able to tell him :/

19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Reading earlier in this thread, it looks like there are dance moves for undoing a partner's clothing. Perhaps there are also dance moves for reversing that process? :razz:

20. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I slipped 3 times on the same spot.