What's with the little colored squares?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Peaches, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

"The engines! She can't take much more, Captain!" :p

2 people like this.
  2. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

And they actually made "The Trouble with Tribbles" collector plate!!! LMAO

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You can still find tribbles these days...just ask to see one of Boreana's "fur ball" dresses. I think they're recycled tribbles....

2 people like this.
  4. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

You might have a point. However, it is likely the newness of the post approval system may not have worn off yet. ;)

5. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Interesting question ... reminds me of pondering black holes and colliding galaxies. :cool:

2 people like this.
  6. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

:lol: Way too funny, "Troubles With Tribbles" ... :lol:

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought maybe they'd turn into something bigger when you earned a certain amount (like in Monopoly -- green houses --> big red hotel). But now that we know red is "bad", and seeing as how Larinda hasn't morphed into something new, I guess they just keep accumulating their wonderful square green-ness.

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! That was a great question, but I haven't played Monopoly in a long time now to know what houses equal what lol. ;)

1 person likes this.
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

how about if they morph into dance studios...instead of hotels...:cool:

10. chandra

chandra New Member

LOL, sweet, if thats the case, send the love this way!

1 person likes this.
  11. fascination

it won't let me...but how bout if we trade when it does?

1 person likes this.
  12. chandra

chandra New Member

Deal. (it wont let me love you now either!) :D

1 person likes this.
  13. blue

blue New Member

Right, so I got my first negative marks... a little red rectangle in the list in my user CP and no explanation who gave it, for a post where I further explained an answer to a questino I had given to the best of my ability in good faith... http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?p=306982#post306982
    people obviously have different opinions. The discussion shows that, and although my advice was probably not the best for the circumstances I think it added to the discussion. Why not show who gives out what points? Giving negative marks and not being open about it is coward, IMO.

I got positive "reputation" for that post too, and maybe that actually added more to the result than the negative... but no, I do not like this system.

14. blue

blue New Member

For those of you who want lots of positive reputation, I have a suggestion: give lots of positive reputation to others, add a comment and make sure to sign it with your nick... then people are likely to return your favour. :raisebro:

So yeah, maybe that is a reason not to show who gives out the points. OK, changing the system the way I described in my previous post was probably not a good idea.

3 people like this.
  15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Here! :)

2 people like this.
  16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! :D

2 people like this.
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm shocked--shocked!--that you would consider gaming the system in this manner!

3 people like this.
  18. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

"My baby shot me down......"

1 person likes this.
  19. blue

blue New Member

I don't, but when I see signed comments in the reputation list in my CP I get suspicious. Of couse when systems like this exist, people try to make their best out of it.

Now, a negative comment: "the beginning of the end". Sigh. Can I please have all those details hidden, so I can not see anything regarding why my points go up or down? Or, of course I'd rather have the system removed in its entirety. Kids do this in school, we are adults and do not have to deal with this crap.

2 people like this.
  20. fascination

blue...I read your post although i almost never go to that forum and it sounded like an excellent post to me...(and I am not hawking for rep points here, even thouh goodness knows i am capable of it)...and yea I agree it is nice to get the reason why is someone is going to ding you...anyhow, I liked the post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.