What's with the little colored squares?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Peaches, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

first of all no one would have known about that comment if you hadn't told everyone that you got it...so any embarrasment you may, have you inadvertantly widened the circle of on your own...secondly, my red squares just mean to me that someone (for instance, you, twice) didn't like what I had to say...that is no big deal and it certainly doesn't discourage me or you so what's the biggie?

2. fascination

lastly, if the red squares you give out arent a sign of your rudeness why are the ones given to you a sign of rudeness?...just b/c you don't agree doesnt mean the other was being rude or mean spirited...they may not agree with you

3. fascination

you are awesome and well spoken chandra...unfortuneately, I have thought so far too often recently...so here's a hug

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

You get coupons for 10% off on your next post. ;)

And: why do you keep eating those glass crystals? (ducks) :shock:

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Allow me to engage in a bit of mediation:

Fascination: :kissme:

SPratt74: :kissme:

PasoDancer: :kissme:

Larinda: :kissme: (oh, wait, she wasn't in that! Aah, what the hey...)

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

The biggie is that we can't see who is giving away what, and therefore some of these posters are being extremely mean when they comment. I don't know why you can see who gives you the posts we give out when we can't.

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yes they were being mean with the kind of comments we are receiving. And I never said that the red squares given to me were a sign of rudeness. I said that I'm receiving red squares for no reason when I'm making positive remarks and for this reason people are just being mean. Please reread my posts.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

:together: thanks

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, what you might perceive as a positive remark might be something that someone else finds irritating or annoying. It's really pretty subjective. I guess the part I don't like about the system is that you'll never really know the reason you got the red square unless someone made it clear to you in the "comments" thread.

10. fascination

well, if someone says your post is off base that strikes me as pretty low on the "mean-o-meter"...as for the rest, there are many things that mods are able to see as a neccessity for making judgements and other things that only admins can see...that is part of the perk..lol...and there are pleny of drawbacks

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks Cornutt! I'm trying to stay patient, but this is all really very ridiculous.

12. fascination

I have read them sufficiently ..again IMO

13. fascination

and if they made it clear by saying they thought it was off base and one dosen't agree...they can't go back and do a dissertation on why, nor should they

1 person likes this.
  14. mamboqueen

(I think that *d* word is going to get you in trouble with Jonathan...shhhh!!!)

15. fascination

nuzzle back at you...and FTR...I am only supporting paso's decision to go out and drink wine ...not her comments re spratt

16. fascination

:cool: i rather doubt that I will have trouble with jonathan:cool: :raisebro:

17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm sure, but it's not right to disclose who gives what which is why I reported Larinda's post today especially since we don't have the same feature. I like how you and I have been actually very civil even though we have had disagreements over this. But it's not right to post stuff that not everyone else can, and I would think that stuff like that as to which you moderators can do and can't do should be kept quiet if we don't have the same feature, so it's not hurtful to the posters, because that to me is also abusing the sytem since we now know that have that feature. I didn't even know that you had it until this morning and now again tonight. Why don't you then tell on everyone who gave you red squares so that I don't feel singled out? I'm sure they would feel the same way that I do!

Anyways, I know that someone saying that I was off base is pretty low on the mean mark compared to what Chandra and some of the others have been through. I was trying to make the point that there are some people that are not using the system correctly. It was a positive post, and it was on topic. And I'm not going to stop stating my thoughts even though there are some people that are trying to get me to do so it seems.

And yes, I have received harsher comments that I'm not going to repeat. They are hurtful, and it makes it to where you don't want to post at all. It doesn't make you want to change your way of posting, but more like you don't want to post and just leave the forum completely. I was having fun up until now, and I know others feel the same way. Now, this whole system has completely changed people and everyone's true self is coming out. Me... I've always been blunt like some others, so that shouldn't be any surprise lol.

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks, but it's alright. We all think differently!!!!! And some views we'll agree on and some we won't. It would make a very boring world if we all agreed all of the time lol!!!! ;)

19. mamboqueen

If we didn't mention here that the moderators can see who says what to who as far as the reputation goes, then you'd be getting nastier nasty-grams than you're getting. Larinda's missive earlier on about being careful what you say was for the specific purpose of letting people here know that they need to be very MINDFUL of what they choose to say to other posters in their "comments" section. I'm sorry that that knowledge might bother you or others, but it was for a very good reason. The feature was being abused.

1 person likes this.
  20. fascination

sometimes, like now, I hardly understand what you are saying so I can't comment fully...but I am simply trying to illustrate a point using only you and i since that stuff is no surprise to you or me....mod priveleges aren't about fair or unfair...and they aren't up for debate...and I don't know of any current mod who would abuse them or who would get away with it if they did..

i rather doubt that folks think a red square is going to silence anyone...as you mention, especially not someone like you or me

I also doubt that this system has changed anyone...only magnified their tendencies...most people are true to theirselves, just like you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.