What's with the little colored squares?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Peaches, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Some of us can hardly remember high school!!! It has been a long time.
  2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

doesn't that defeat the point of having a reputation? If we're all portayed as angels isn't that a) unrealistic (except in fascination's case,) b) boring c) rose tinted?
    1 person likes this.
  3. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

:lol:
    2 people like this.
  4. chandra

chandra New Member

IS there somewhere the scale of what comes after what is listed, or the rep points or something?
    Edit: I have rep??? But I havent been posting since this whole thing started :D! YAY!!
    On other forums you can see the comments left, and who left them, can we do that here? Or not... Can you even leave comments, I havent tried to give someone rep yet!
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Not really. Newer viewers/posters will still be able to see whcih posters oppinions are more widely esteemed within the community. At least I think that's the idea. :?

(Obviously the rankings won't show much of a "spread" in just these past few days, but think about 1-2 months down the line and beyond.)
    1 person likes this.
  6. SDsalsaguy

Doesn't matter. Any of your older posts can be "aproved" now that this feature is in play, not just the newer ones.
  7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Done. Unfortunately I apparently spread *too* much love again and have been banished from colored-square sandbagging for 24 hrs.
    2 people like this.
  8. SDsalsaguy

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:confused: I assume that was tongue planted firmly in cheek
  10. fascination

welcome to my world...appparently I have way too much love to give:cool:
  11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Why all the hullabaloo over the little colored squares, people???

It's a fun, frivolous feature. Kind of amusing in a yet-another-way-to-waste-time kind of way.

If it bothers you, then ignore them. Sheesh.
    3 people like this.
  12. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Right now, I am keeping the comments hidden so that this feature is not abused (ex. someone leaves a very negative comment toward another person).
  13. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

the little squares are so strange.. I noticed them only after I saw this thread earlier today... I was reading about them and was trying to figure out what is everyone discussing...
    1 person likes this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Some of us are easily amused. :oops:
    1 person likes this.
  15. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hmm....pretty soon we'll be bartering for "love points"...and cornutt - count me in as one of those very easily amused.
  16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I like that idea better! I think that we should call them love points lol. I feel so unloved, but yet I have no idea what green means. Is there some sort of legend that we can look at or something lol?
    1 person likes this.
  17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

But what if one person is more positive than the other? How does that change the negative reputation lol?
  18. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

we all have a green square so we are all equal but some of us are more equal than others! ;)
    1 person likes this.
  19. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

You'll get more green squares over time, as long as you aren't naughty. :)
    1 person likes this.
  20. fascination

:cool: I can't be naughty?;)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.