What's your favorite quote and why?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by chomsky, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

L.A. gangster Mickey Cohen on paying income taxes: "I was a firm believer that if the government or anybody else wanted any part of my money, they should at least be on hand to help me steal it."

chomsky likes this.
  2. Chr0n

Chr0n Member

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

and

“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”

and so many more :p

chomsky likes this.
  3. Spitfire

Here's one that's going around on FB: "Why do we close our eyes when we pray? When we cry? When we dream? Or when we kiss? Because we know that the most beautiful things in life are not seen, but felt by heart."

Chr0n likes this.
  4. Spitfire

[​IMG]

Rather that write it out, I'll just post the image...

chomsky likes this.
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

"Earth is the cradle of humankind, but one cannot live in a cradle forever" -- Wehner von Braun

6. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance through the rain.

chomsky likes this.
  7. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Lermontov: When we first met ... you asked me a question to which I gave a stupid answer, you asked me whether I wanted to live and I said "Yes". Actually, Miss Page, I want more, much more. I want to create, to make something big out of something little – to make a great dancer out of you. But first, I must ask you the same question, what do you want from life? To live?
    Vicky: To dance.
    BRITISH MOVIE "THE RED SHOES"

novemberecho likes this.
  8. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit. - Mary Lou Retton