What's your favorite quote and why?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by chomsky, Aug 28, 2011.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

'Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.'

Wonderful wonderful just wonderful!!!
  2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

It's lovely in French... :cheers:
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

+1...
  4. chomsky

The mind is like the wind, and the body is like the sand. If you want to know how the wind is blowing, look at the sand...Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen.
  5. chomsky

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    Ashley Smith quotes
  6. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Never lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn't care about losing you.

You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.

When everything else fails, just dance. - laucy.my
  7. chomsky

so so true...
  8. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

The minute you think of giving up, think of why you held on for so long...
  9. chomsky

Dance enables you to find yourself and lose yourself at the same time.
  10. chomsky

If you dance from your heart, your feet will follow.
  11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

"It is not birth, marriage, or death, but gastrulation, which is truly the most important time in your life."

Lewis Wolpert (1986)
  12. chomsky

you made me look up the word gastrulation, wow...
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

like that!

whose?

and for today

"Dance, dance or we are lost,” Pina Bausch
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my favorite quote is the long one by marianne williamson on my Fb page about letting your light shine empowering others to do the same....but I don't have that one on hand at the moment...

two that I like and found on my husbands desk, which ironically says alot about why we work so well are as follows;

"the intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a fatihful servant" Einstein

"we must learn to be equally good at what is short and sharp and what is long and tough" Churchill
  15. davedove

davedove Active Member

A couple about not taking ourselves so seriously:

Happy is the person who can laugh at himself. He will never cease to be amused. - Habib Bourguiba

We are fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese proverb
  16. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

It is never too late to be who you might have been -- George Eliot. This has been quoted several different ways, but this one seems to say it best.
  17. chomsky

You guys, you are gifts from God. Thanks for making this a nice day with all these lovely thougths...
  18. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Thinking of you, dear Chomsky....
  19. chomsky

Smell a flower, smile at life, embrace your dance.
    Chomsky
  20. chomsky

“There are three types of dancers: first, there are the ones that consider dancing a type of gymnastics exercise that is consisted of non-peculiar, gracious arabesques; second, the ones that, through concentrating their mind, bring their body to the rhythm of the desired emotion, thus expressing the feeling or experience they remember and the third, who turn their bodies into the light fluid, surrendering themselves to the inspiration of their own soul.”
    Isadora Duncan