What's your favorite quote and why?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by chomsky, Aug 28, 2011.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

In every crisis people look to leaders for guidance and what to do and how to behave.
    Therefore, your role as a leader is critical.
    Statement from my mentor which I've imparted on our children who have now come to embrace this as they lead their own families.
  2. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

A line from John Mayer's "Say" is currently stuck in my head - these lyrics tend to get stuck in my head when I'm particularly focused on my dance life:

"Even as your hands are shaking, and your faith is broken, even as the eyes are closing, do it with a heart wide open."
  3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

and then there's btm.....
  4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

come again? btm! Don't forget I'm Greek, it all sounds Greek to me!!!
  5. bordertangoman

i dont feel I fall into any of those three categories. btm is my name abbreviated...
  6. chomsky

you never cease to amaze me btm...
  7. chomsky

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
    Lance Armstrong
  8. bordertangoman

"Before I give him over to you, I want to make sure he won't learn how to become one of the nice dead people.... I want him to get to know exactly the special thing he is or else he won't notice it when it starts to go. I want him to know the subtle, sneaky, important reason he was born a human being and not a chair."

from "a thousand clowns" by Herb Gardener
  9. raindance

raindance Active Member

“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”

Napoleon Hill
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

great quote...so much wasted energy crying over spilled milk
  11. raindance

raindance Active Member

Another with the same theme:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt
  12. CANI

CANI Active Member

A few I like...;)

"Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure." Thomas J. Watson, founder of IBM

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake." Frank Wilczek, 2004 Nobel Prize winner in physics

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." Niels Bohr, Danish physicist and Nobel Prize winner

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce
  13. chomsky

very inpirational...thanks you guys...
  14. CANI

CANI Active Member

“In terms of days and moments lived, you’ll never again be as young as you are right now, so spend this day, the youth of your future, in a way that deflects regret. Invest in yourself. Have some fun. Do something important. Love somebody extra. In one sense, you’re just a kid, but a kid with enough years on her to know that every day is priceless.” Victoria Moran
  15. chomsky

‎"Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process begins."
    Jim Rohn
  16. chomsky

this is so you! I just love it!
  17. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

"Don't do anything stupid and always wear protection." - My Mom

Applies in so many aspects of life.
  18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Very true. :-D
  19. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

"A measured response is much better than a knee-jerk reaction."
  20. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

"The things that make you strong, and make you feel as though you've accomplished something, are not the easy ones; it's the things you had to work and struggle through. Those are what give us our depth -- that make us not gray and plain and nothing but give us depth and texture and longing." - Dr. Jerri Nielson.