What's Your Favorite Samba?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Fretful_Porpentine, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Mueveme el Quimbombo, by Andy Rivalta
    Marchina, by Dancelife

2. Ecclesiastes3_4

Ecclesiastes3_4 New Member

TRON: Legacy end credits! I was doing a Samba out of the movie theatre :). I want to do a showcase routine to this soooo bad.

3. Hey, i'm actually trying to find a samba song that i heard at a competition recently. I'm pretty sure it's called "Shake your boom boom." the main parts of the song are a guy "rapping" while the chorus is a girl. The entire chorus is the girl repeating "shake your boom boom." The few lyrics i remember from the song are:
    "When i say hey, move to the left.
    When i say ho, jump to the front"
    and theres some more instruction type lyrics in there that i dont remember. The guy singing it has an accent that i'm assuming is either spanish or russian or something along those lines. If you could identify this song, that'd be fantastic!

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Have you tried putting those lyrics into a search engine like Google? Maybe worth a try. Good luck with your search...

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

How about some Ricky Martin songs? Like "Lola, Lola" and "La Bomba"? And maybe "La Copa De La Vida"? :banana:

6. QMSF

QMSF Member

I really like "Tu Y Yo" by Paulina Rubio (love the whistling sound) and "Drummer Boy" by Debi Nova. They're quite pop-y, but they have a nice energy.

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I love Paulina Rubio! :bouncy:

8. sofi

sofi New Member

Whenever I think 'Samba', two songs play in my head:

the Bamboo remix of 'Hips Don't Lie' by Shakira (I think it was the World Cup version) and "Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes.

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good ones... :cheers:

10. BasicsFirst

BasicsFirst New Member

I believe this CD is out of print. (Dancehouse: MOVE) Got one other great track on it... a rumba called "Solo Por Tu Amor". Missed my chance when I wouldn't buy a CD just for two tracks... LONG time ago.

11. BasicsFirst

BasicsFirst New Member

Ummm, scratch that. I just 'googled' the album name (Dancehouse Move) and the first hit is an online CD vendor (dancevision) and that CD staring me in the face with an Add to Cart button next to it...

12. Parker Lynn

Parker Lynn Member

"Shake Your Boom Boom" by DJ Sombrilla

13. no_name901

no_name901 Member

My favorites have to be:
    ~La Cadena de Oro- Cabas
    ~Drummer Boy- Debi Nova
    ~Contigo Sone- Gente de Zona
    ~Kickin' Samba- Soulstance

Just a couple out of box ones I like. lol

14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

"Mas Que Nada": A particularly beautiful sequence in the new movie Rio where they are flying around the big statue overlooking the city of Rio de Janeiro uses this song...

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Swing Da Cor Daniella Mercury