When do you find time to practice??

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by debmc, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

OOMMMMGGGGG you are silly and fun!!!
    that is why the door to my office is often closed!!
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

If you've got floor space, no reason you can't practice in front of the TV. I get home late and I'm too wired to sleep (perils of working second shift) so I can do things like crunches, stretches, and some steps in my living room after I get home. Heck, on slow nights I've done swivels in front of my station and practiced spotting off the restaurant walls. (Carefully. Kitchen shoes are not our friend.) Just like the only time I really have to listen to music is in the car (I practice hearing beats and look for showcase ideas.)
    3wishes likes this.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

hmmm, I practice in my kitchen, living room, down the hallway, I've gone outside in my yard and practiced...whenever there was a spare moment...and I was fortunate enough to have, basically, a library research file room directly across from my office that had enough floor space for me to actually do patterns down the file cabinet aisles, normally during lunch (no one else hardly, if ever, used that room) pretty much all to myself.
    debmc likes this.
  4. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I also do tendus and battements in the elevator at work. Actually, I prefer taking the elevator at work because it's usually empty and I CAN dance in it while being transported from one floor to the other.
  5. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Yes lot of things you can do alone like this! I do foxtrot , its really not that noticeable. I practice goos posture every say walking down to beach for about
    5 minutes. When youre not in public you can practice any progressive step while
    holding frame instead of walking from room to room.
  6. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Agree, you will not have time,if you do not make time. We practice or take lessons during the week from 8:30PM -10PM, my partner finishes his work at 7 or 7:30 PM and goes directly to dance studio, then to bed and back to work at 7AM in the morning. We also practice a lot on weekends, even we both have to work during most weekends. We made dancing high priority, and once you have it set, you find time. If you have small children that you have to take care of, our schedule will not work. We had to stop dancing for 20 years after our daughter was born. We re-started dancing after our daughter finished high school and went away to college.