when was the last time you social danced or went to a group lesson?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 25, 2013.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

for me it was July
  2. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I think the last time I took a group class was Balboa a few months ago. The last time I went social dancing was last night. I might go tonight. I go at least a couple times a week between my various dance genres.
  3. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Wow... December
  4. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

Last social dance: last Saturday. Next, tomorrow.
  5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

6. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

Group class: last Sunday. Rustem Karabey was in the area.
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I help out at the group class, but other than that, a good couple of years. Now that DP has a GF he social dances with her...
  8. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Social danced a few weeks ago. But more of the former, not so much of the latter.
  9. snapdancer

snapdancer Active Member

About 45 minutes ago.
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  10. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Never go for group class or social dancing- not my thing
  11. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Social dance - tonight. But I kind of cheat as a vastly disproportionate amount of my dances at my studio's Friday night socials are with my competition partner.

As far as group classes go, if you count a couple of workshops put on by high end pros at a bootcamp in Nashville, it'd be this summer. I think June, but I wouldn't swear to it. If you don't count those, I honestly don't recall the last specific time. It's probably been a year or two.
  12. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I slum it every day of the week.
    cornutt likes this.
  13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

That's anti-social dancing. :p
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

About an hour ago. :D
  15. LT

LT Member

social dancing... is that the early rounds when there are more couples..? ;)
  16. Sania

Sania Active Member

We are very fortunate to have an outstanding international style teacher here who teaches intermediate / advanced group classes in Latin and standard on Tuesday evenings - one of the highlights of my week. I social dance ballroom every Saturday evening.
  17. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Social dance - about a month ago, but it was a mixed bag at best and I'm not overly likely to go back. I might try the swing scene in my area though, I have a coworker who's been trying to drag me along for about a month now.

Group class - either last Sunday or the Sunday before. Out of a three-hour class, only 45 minutes are partnering and the rest is technique drills, so I'm not sure if it's really in the spirit of this thread, but I'm counting it.
  18. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

social dance - maybe.....2 years ago?

group class - last week...but as an assistant, not a student. Last group class as a student was at least 3 years ago.
  19. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Social dance -- two weeks ago because I had a comp last weekend. As I remember it, I sat out a lot. :(

Group class -- Tuesday night. I regret it, because even in a "silver" class, I was muscled around and ended up with a sore shoulder. It's better now, but sheesh.
  20. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Hah! In my defense, I don't dance exclusively with my partner - just far more than with any other given person. I actually make a point of trying not to monopolize her dancing.
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.