when's y o u r birthday?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Well, maybe since you're only two hours into the sign, you can still get away with being a Gemini on the cusp.

With a Scorpio Moon, I would guess that you struggle with possessiveness and jealousy as your dark side--but since Mercury, Venus, and Mars are all in Gemini, you've got a lightness that masks your deeper intensity. Likewise, with the Libra Ascendant, on your good days all is in balance, but it may also accentuate the Scorpio intensity--pushing you toward a certain rigidity at times in your sense of right and justice.

So, on the surface, all light and air and easiness. But underneath, and only to a very few special people, you are seriously intense and passionate about all things. You play airily, but really you prefer a settled life, and anyone or anything who threatens that life had best beware.

Best I can do off the cuff....
  2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

And what all do you know about being an Aries??????????? :eek:
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

definitely cancer. but the week around any cusp has a unique vibe that's a blend of the two signs.

well-said about the gemini masking deeper intensity. but am not possessive or jealous... the scorpio moon has a different vibe for me. possessiveness & jealousy is a very low vibration... getting past that makes way for a lot of cool things, like resourcefulness.

what, just cuz i like the toilet lid down? lmao...

you get a gold star, GR... very, very good summation of the placements i listed! :)
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

depends a lot on the rest of one's charts, and what kind of aries you are, but in general aries tend to be open, direct, and with a puppy-like eagerness. they can also be brusque, inclined toward action rather than subtlety.

but there are many different variants on each sign, depending on what house & what degree it's in, where the sign's ruler is, angles made to it by other planets... one can get very specific. :)
  5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Interesting. But I'm not sure what you mean by one's charts. Although, it would be interesting to know! ;)
  6. Genesius Redux

Yeah, I didn't quite know how to put that, especially since from what we've written back and forth, you don't seem possessive at all. So maybe, like you say, the Gemini and the Libra mellow out some of the Cancer traits. It's just that I think from the signs, and just a hunch about you personally, that while you are not the jealous or possessive type, once you are hurt you are hurt very deeply, and probably take a long time to forgive.

Me, I've got Gemini all over the place--with a Moon in Saggitarius. That means that I say careless things that hurt people's feelings all the time, but that I get over the same kind of things very quickly. It's all just words to me, and to a true Gemini, words are the very stuff of play. Hard to pin us down....
  7. Genesius Redux

Your whole astrological chart, she means. Aries is your Sun Sign, but if you really "do" astrology, you learn that the Sun Sign is only a very general indicator. Kind of like saying, "Oh, so-and-so is from New York." It paints a broad and somewhat accurate picture, but there's more to it than that.

So you look at your Moon sign too. Your Sun was in Aries when you were born, but where was your Moon? Some people look at the Moon sign as almost more indicative of your true personality than your Sun sign. If the Sun sign shows what you're like on the surface, the Moon reveals what may lie hidden under that surface. Sometimes, there can be personality elements in your Moon sign that you don't like or that you feel you need to control. As the Moon changes, so you run the gamut of all the personality traits in your Moon sign with the changes of the Moon.

On top of that, there are some pretty important planets that may be in other signs. Mercury, Venus, and Mars come to mind. Mercury is the planet that dominates your commercial dealings, your intellectual life, some aspects of your creative life, your expressivity, etc. I believe it is also the planet that deals with family. Venus dominates your love life, and personal relationships of a more intimate sort (I would argue including dance partnerships). Mars is the planet that dominates your more aggressive side, not just how you fight with someone, but other things in your life that you might fight for--freedom, security, love, all the things you work to hold onto. These planets too are governed by a sign.

So while you may be an Aries--depending on where your Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars are--not to mention your Ascendant, and some of the remoter, more arcane planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, etc. That helps to make up your whole chart.

And that's the simple version.

Beyond that, there are the various houses of the zodiac at the time of your birth and elsewhere throughout your life. And the differences of interpretation that different people might put on those, modified by what they actually know of your real life.

Finally, there is the big picture like the Age you are in. The Ages go in these like 2000 year cycles or so. We're just coming out of the Age of Pisces, which is dominated by Belief (and some would say illusion) and entering (or some would say having already entered) the Age of Aquarius.

So with all this, you have to ask, along with Yeats:

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

So, was that TMI? Sorry, girl, you asked!

xo

gr
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

time of day plus location of birth can yield a mathematical calculation of what the positions of the planets & such appeared like at the time of your birth, from the place of our birth. and that's called a birth chart or horoscope, a kind of map that can reveal many things about an individual.
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it certainly is hard to pin a lot of gemini energy down... i know about that. ;)

fwiw, my gemini planets are in the sadge house (9th), so we've got some crossover characteristics. affinity of sorts. i'm just more serious that you, what with that scorpio moon and all ;)
  10. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ok, here I am:

July 3 - Cancer

Sun, Mercury, Uranus - Cancer
    Ascendant, Venus - Gemini
    Mars, Neptune - Libra
    Moon, Midheaven - Aquarius
    Jupiter - Pisces
    Saturn - Virgo
    Pluto - Leo
  11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh lol. I didn't know that much went into horoscopes! I love reading them, but I didn't think it was all that technical! Hmmm... I'm not sure what time I was born. My birthday is on Friday, so maybe I can ask my mom that question lol! I know the place though, but not the time. I guess I never gave it much thought. ;)
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey, i'll put mine out there, too, luce...

june 21 - cancer

sun, north node, midheaven, eros, and fortuna: cancer
    mercury, venus, mars: gemini
    jupiter: taurus
    moon, neptune, juno, pallas: scorpio
    saturn, part of fortune, vesta, chiron: pisces
    uranus, pluto: virgo
    ascendant: libra
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

very, very technical & precise, although can be paradoxical (because we can be...). the stuff in newspapers and magazines... parlour games. ;)
  14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Wow! No kidding lol. Thanks! Now I'm curious to find out more! ;)
  15. Genesius Redux

Sam, everyone is more serious than me--except that my Saturn is in fact in Scorpio (or so I seem to remember). You dig down deep enough, you not only get serious, you get near fanaticism....
  16. Genesius Redux

Wow. No wonder you are so intense and focused. No wonder I like you so much. All that focus balanced by Gemini playfulness in daily life, and a deep, mystical dreamy side. You may in fact be the perfect woman. I didn't think you existed....
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:cool:

you are very astute with this. you cannot imagine how much i adore finding someone who speaks this language. ;)

have you looked much into the asteroids i've listed... especially eros? very, very, very cool...:cool:
  18. Genesius Redux

no have not--can u give a good website?

my astrology knowledge is really pretty rudimentary, but i've always been into mystical things. we should start the sam and gr astrological dance advice site--people come with dance questions, we consult the stars and give our advice....

i'm only half-kidding
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just saw this -- I'm 9/9. Virgo, like you. :)
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lmao... nah, people always look for quick fix. ;)
    but it sure is fun to talk about.

i'll PM you some asteroid links tomorrow.