when's y o u r birthday?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Nov 25, 2003.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

promptly reviewing your status as a mod...serious second thoughts about your good judgement
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

See, it's all relative.... If we're talkin' someone I'd like to date, then I agree with you.

*However*, you're talkin "chicas reaching their prime"...I'd have to say that's still young. ;)

*grin*
  3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Hmm...so I'm actually *older* than old? Well, if 40 is old, then old is fine. And I mean fine like a good wine ;)
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Uh-oh TC...thread carefully. ;)
  5. fascination

well...I don't think I would want a single guy (like never married or divorced) who's over 40 b/c... well...if it looks like a duck...(sure there are exceptions) ...though I'd have no prob w/ one who was divorced or widowed or previously had been in a long committed relationship (in a broadly sweeping generalized sort of way)...but if I was suddenly single, I would definately be open to anyone who was within a decade younger to maybe 5 years older...provided that they had some sort of history of a committed relationship...

as for what constitutes young...to me that is about fitness and lifestyle which would be my primary criteria over age...I need a fit dude...(well, if I didn't have a dude);)
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, was wondering when your DH was gonna peek into your conversation there fasc. :D
  7. fascination

he lurks all the time
  8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

OK. That's it! Where can I complain about the moderator?!?! :D

30 = middle aged???? Surely, you must be joking. (I'm not joking. And quit calling me Shirley.) Well, crap. I guess I should start shopping for burial plots now or something...start looking into Old Folks Homes...find myself a walker...

*mutters to self* ...30...middle aged..hmph!...little, snot-nosed kids these days...
  9. Peaches

Really?!?! I don't think I could ever seriously consider a guy who was younger than me...and certainly not by 5-10 years. 5-10 years older (and quite possibly even more than that), sure, but not younger. And the single v. not thing never occurred to me.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

As well, here...but psychological fitness and a youthful outlook is so key for me. If I met someone my age or older who wasn't talking about how old he felt, or how bitter, or how dissipated in other areas...it would be a remarkable event. I feel more compatible with significantly younger gents primarily because they are aspiring, and motivated, and believing. Well...and their general energy level as well. :)
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I was like that when I was younger. Always with older men.

In a decade or two it's possible you'd have a different perspective. :)
  12. Peaches

That makes sense. I just don't think I could get past dating someone younger. There's just something hard-wired in me, it seems, to be completely turned off by a guy who's younger than me.
  13. Peaches

Fair point. I grant you that. Check back with me in a few years.
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Will do. :)

I can relate to the sentiment you expressed above...younger men just did not do it for me on any level. But as I said...things change. My hard-wiring has changed, I guess. ;)

But actually, I am much more youthful in spirit now than when I was a young person. Sometimes people reverse that as they evolve.
  15. Peaches

Totally understand and agree. I'm a lot "younger" now than I was 10 or 15 years ago, in some ways.

Edit to add: I think I got to the rebelling and being wild stage rather late in the game. I think I'm just getting to it now. :)
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Heh...go for it. ;)

For me, it's in the context of wanting no constraint to living a full-throttle life...whatever I want to experience, especially if my reserved nature held me back previously, it's time to move past that.

If I've been reserved my whole life, reason stands that there's a lotta unexpressed energy that's been waiting for *some* point of expression. :)
  17. fascination

well...the older you get darlin...the less young the younger guys are...you'll see...plus they tend to die younger and it takes so long to train them;)
  18. fascination

agree about upbeat regardless of age...
  19. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

a legend :notworth:

i never had younger BF, but now i date a man who is 15 years older than me. he was married once and divorced, and he looks 10 years younger than he is. but what i like is his personality.
  20. Them's fightin' words! As soon as I find my teeth, hitch my pants up to my chest, and yell at those kids to get off my lawn, we'll have it out!

BTW, May 28 here.