Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Terrible, horrible week so far. Seriously resisting the urge to throw a childish tantrum, and follow it up by a very not-childish drinking binge.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hug...

FancyFeet likes this.
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Hugs! And I'd just cut straight to the binge.

FancyFeet, dancelvr and fascination like this.
  4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

5. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I'd cut straight to the childish tantrum and skip the binge. Childish tantrums (i.e. whole hearted venting to an audience who it is not about) make me feel better sometimes; drinking does not.

6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I'm easing off wanting to throw a full-on 3-year old in a supermarket tantrum every three seconds while at work... but still really, really feeling the need for copious amounts of blender drinks made with tequila. Maybe that can be my reward for surviving the week without killing anyone or my professional reputation. Hmm...

7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

What about mixing the binge with venting to a good friend who's not the subject of the rant?

8. cornutt

The latest version of Flash crashes repeatedly when running under Firefox. I'm trying to watch a ball game on mlb.tv, and I have to reload it every 15 minutes or so.

9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Showcase.

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Tore right contact lens. Also tore it less than 2 weeks ago. Sheesh, could you at least alternate which lens rips, so I don't run out of one before the other? :mad::mad:

11. Cal

Cal Active Member

Carried a somewhat heavy box to the trunk of my car, and now am thinking that was not a terribly smart thing to do - I've got a strained, heavy sensation across the front of my neck/throat.

12. RiseNFall

Ice?

13. Cal

Cal Active Member

Yep, trying that right now.

14. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

I just got off on a flight from Madrid to New York... in a plane filled with screaming babies. Feel like I'm still hearing the screaming. :(

15. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Texas summer and a body prone to dehydration....terrible combination right here...leading to the worst sinus headaches known to man.

16. RiseNFall

First poison ivy rash ever in my life. I would have thought that if I had gotten to my 50's without reacting, I never would. Yes, yes, I know one can develop allergies at age, but somehow didn't expect it at this point. And yes, I knew I was pulling poison ivy. And yes, I know it was stupid of me to not be more cautious…. Sigh….

(It's nothing like the horrible rashes my brothers used to get when we were growing up in the midwest, so I can at least be grateful for that.)

17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Been trying to find a costume for a spy themed smooth tango show dance coming up and now my amazon search history is going to be all kinds of wacky...

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  18. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

yep, and then these mysterious "ads" show up on the FB sidebar

19. cornutt

Last Friday, while eating yogurt with granola, I bit into something hard and heard the dreaded CRUNCH. I though, "Oh no, there goes another crown." Only this time it's not a crown. The tooth itself broke... below the gum line. :( Dentist says there is near zero chance of saving the tooth. Have an appointment tomorrow to discuss options.

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Implant?