Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Well, at this point I've decided to stop trying, at least for a while. I have not received a reponse to my latest message, which generally means with this person that offense has been taken, and this is despite my best efforts to be clear and non-inflammatory.

Rather than continue to try and seek clarification, I will just base my decisions on the best information that I have available and take action accordingly. I risk misinterpreting (at least, the hope is that I am misinterpreting), but I think that I have made more than ample efforts to attempt to resolve, and all I am doing is growing more frustrated. I am, at least in the short term, choosing to disengage.

2. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Whine time:
    Cat comes up all lovey, purring, slinky, head-nuzzling, etc. so I reach down, pet her, tell her that her such a princess, etc. When she's bored, she turns around BITES ME HARD on the ankle, and skitters off- I think I heard her laughing.

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Are these places you're both going?

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Not usually. I'm fine with giving a lift if it's vaguely on my way to somewhere, but usually it's taking them home from our place after a gaming night or something...usual culprit has thankfully moved in with another player with a car, but it used to be a weekly thing to drive him home, and now the other player is overseas it's becoming a thing again.

5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Ear infection... grrrr

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How do these people get to the "gaming night or something" to begin with? Do you have to fetch them too?

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Leasing offices are crap. So my fiancé paid a pet deposit for his fish tank back when he first moved in. We get a pet lease for both the cat and the fish and I read it saying that fish are exempt from the $350 pet deposit. I go in to contest it so that we don't have the pay the cat, and they pull some bs that is no where in the lease agreement or the pet lease agreement. They said since our tank was "oversized" they let us keep it by paying the pet deposit instead of making us get rid of it... ugh I can't wait until we move out in a year....

8. Hedwaite

The "I don't want you to show me how, I just want you to fix it for me" type really makes me want to murder them, freeze-dry them, and run them through a wood-chipper, to turn into mulch for a better purpose, like sustainable gardening for people I don't like, but don't hate as bad as those idiots who won't learn to do simple things for themselves.

cornutt likes this.
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

:eek: bad night?

Hedwaite likes this.
  10. Hedwaite

Idiots should never be in charge of these things: Children, animals, electronic gadgets, or nice jewelry they'll never wear.

Seriously- "I need you to see why my phone isn't getting messages."

I know why. The data's turned off. I don't know why they know how to turn it OFF, but they aren't smart enough to know how to turn it back ON. This happens all the time.

"You messed my phone up. What'd you sign me up for?"

That's spam. It's from all those forwards you clicked on when you thought you were going to win a million dollar gas card or whatever.

My phone's dying slowly. Upgrading will cost $200 I don't really have to throw around, and this jerk gets a brand new one gifted to them by some other idiot who was also too stupid to figure it out.

Yes. Bad night.

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

A/C just went out in the office building. I know, I know - I'm always whining that it's too cold. I could tolerate the increasing temperature, but if there is no air circulating at all...well, that's a bit unpleasant.

12. FancyFeet

Girl who hit my car last weekend is trying to weasel out of paying for repairs, as expected. She's claiming she talked to the police and she only has to pay half... what she doesn't know is that I actually did talk to the police, and know exactly where I stand... I could be evil and really go after her, but if she comes through with half, I'll probably take it and walk. Not worth the hassle.

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

A) if you were hit from behind, don't pay a cent

B) sigh....not so much a whine as a wonder....Ihave long ago accepted that bad things happen to good people, but I have got to get better about accepting when good things happen to bad people...sadly, sometimes the karma train doesn't arrive on time....I need to accept that

14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, booger.

I am officially between partners again.

It's not entirely surprising. This partnership had always been with the understanding that it would likely be a relatively short-termed one (our long-term goals were not well-aligned, and we had explicitly acknowledged that before we started working together), but I'll admit I was hoping it would go on for more on the order of a year or so.

15. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

move northeast... :D

Lioness and FancyFeet like this.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I daydream about doing so. The biggest stumbling block is my house. It'd need a fair bit of work to get into shape to sell, and it's so easy to come home from a day of work and dancing and not put the needed effort into that.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  17. FancyFeet

I vote for move to Canada :)

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So rent it out instead!

19. Sania

Sania Active Member

Texas :cool:

20. Hedwaite