Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Whine:
    My super awesome new special (refurbished, Amazon) phone won't be here for a week. :(

2. Cal

Cal Active Member

I set up the brew for the first pot of coffee at work this morning, then had to take a phone call. By the time I returned to the breakroom, the coffee pot was empty and whoever finished the last cup didn't start a new pot. Grrr.

FancyFeet likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

now that is rude

4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Pro is all "you really need to take lessons with my partner" ad nauseum lately. Apparently, he is nearing the point where "girl stuff", as he puts it, needs to come from a female dancer sometimes. I have tried in the past (twice) to take lessons with her, and feel like I threw that money away. We just were not clicking as teacher-student... and her desire to purely re-work my choreo instead of work on my styling and technique, well, not helpful, esp. given I dance pro-am as the follow... the routines are not my call!

I have been hedging, then flat-out refusing to take lessons with her for months until she and I, preferably with pro, manage to sit and discuss to figure out a way to make the lessons work... I'm cool with expanding the team, and think I really need to start bringing in a regular female perspective to get to the next level, but I'm not nearly rich enough to throw money away. She has been refusing to find time for a discussion (see earlier posts in this thread for the run-around I have been getting from her).

Pro is away this week, and extracted a promise from me before he left to try one more lesson with her while he is gone. The deal was just one, and as a trial. Apparently, they have had several lengthy discussions, and the lessons should be better... I am not holding my breath, but am willing to give it one more try.

Pro's partner is now saying she doesn't have time to teach me this week, not even a half-lesson, 'cause she's busy... which I get, but the no-show she had while I was at the studio yesterday, well, hey... opportunity! But no. (This is the event that brought about the whine...)

I feel like I've followed through on my promise with pro to give it another try... if she doesn't find a way to fit me in this week, I'll simply tell him that I asked, and that I couldn't get scheduled in. He'll be disappointed if it comes to this though.

5. fascination

um...this sounds like a tinder box....I would put the hammer down on this.....

Hedwaite likes this.
  6. FancyFeet

Yup, not impressed. But hey, I figure if I do get a lesson scheduled, then the discussion is going to happen. And I'm a little more experienced than the last time I tried this, and now completely willing to be like "No. We are not doing z. Pro sent me to you to work on x & y. We can do either or both of those two things. Not z. (But noted that it's something that needs attention in the future, thank you.)"

6 months or a year ago, I didn't know that driving my own lessons like that was an option :) Note: Pro has endorsed this approach, as his partner can kind of get "oooh, shiny" sometimes, and has made sure that I know exactly what he has asked her to work on with me... where last time I was unaware.

7. fascination

as long as they appreciate that you don't owe her just because she is his partner....if he is so hot to have her eyes on your dancing, he can share your lesson money and have her observe your dancing on a lesson....but you don't need to toss her a favor every so often if she doesn't do it for you

FancyFeet and stash like this.
  8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I've seen enough dentistry over the past ten years to know that it's a demanding profession. Good luck to you.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Some people at my office are so fscking lazy. People are supposed to brew a new pot when the bubble in the fill level is near zero. I went there and it was near zero. Yet, someone had thrown away the old filter and grounds and put the filter carrier back in the machine! WTF?

Another coworker said he once saw someone go to the machine, see that the level was near zero, then leave, presumably to go to the other coffee machine on the other side of the office. You're too lazy to throw out the old grounds, put in new grounds, and press a button, but you're not too lazy to walk around to the other side of the office? Again, WTF?

10. fascination

and THIS is why dh has his own kuerig machine in his office....personally, I think it goes back to people being more insular and anti-social.....

11. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Or people expecting "someone else" to do it. Interesting how when I was out sick for a few weeks last year, people noticed Stuff That Didn't Get Done.

Joe, dancelvr and Hedwaite like this.
  12. fascination

I think the two go hand in hand

13. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Yeah, you hear a lot of "Hey! That's terrible! Somebody sure oughta..." except never them (they?). And it never gets done, either. BUT- if somebody DOES do that unpopular thing somebody oughta do, then they become the mean jerk who such and such who lives in infamy under the bus through ballads and hushed tones.

Whine: My phone might be here tomorrow, and that's not soon enough.

14. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Nasal allergies got so bad, I cracked down and took benedryl at 2:30 last night. Ugh paying for it now in grogginess.

15. FancyFeet

Yesterday's headache may have been the start of a cold... not feeling so hot today, and I have an afternoon meeting and an appointment after work so I can't just bail and go home to bed :(

16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

A fraudulent paypal charge took $400 from my account and I can't get it back for 5-10 business days. Bank won't put it back in. Paypal can't do it until it comes back from the seller. This is actually ridiculous and I'm now broke and without food until it comes back.

At least I put petrol in my car? But say goodbye to tanning for the comp on the weekend. And to dance lessons next week.

I am so angry.

17. fascination

I wish I lived nearby...I'd send you the tanner and float you the lesson money...hug

stash, dancelvr and Lioness like this.
  18. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

I got a middle seat for my flight to Orlando tomorrow. Ugh!

19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Thankfully I have access to dad's credit card for emergencies...he's said it's ok to use it until I get the money back. More than anything I wish I still had my emergency fund intact.

20. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

PayPal fundraiser for Lioness :D

Joe and dancelvr like this.