Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Weakness shouldn't be seen as a bad thing either if anything it's humbling and allows one to be more reflective and think about what really matters most.

Nothing can be categorized into two absolute categories, we all live in the grey. Now see what I did? I just contradicted myself.
  2. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Thank you, luckily this has been the first time it has happened to me, the other incidents have happened to other teachers at our studio. Last night the owner took care of the situation really well and I fully appreciate it. :)
  3. elisedance

elisedance New Member

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think you did fine:together:
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Or just near death.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have said suffer...

Suffering produces perservance, perservance - character, and character - hope.
  7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

eww
    yes, it can - but it can also make twisted minds, nutcases and psychopaths...

there again, I don't think we are being fair - I think you really mean hardship, not suffering. Hardship (if not so extreme it cripples) can certainly make you stronger - my parent's generation (at least in England) seemed so much stronger than my own or my son's - they went through the depression, the war and much of the post-war years of hardship.
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

crikey... five active valentine's threads? five...???? :shock:
  9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

er, six now sam.... six (makes cross sign....)
  10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

got an atack of the green eyed goblins..dissed with everything right now
  11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

rotfl! Just double checked and it is only five ;) one of which is a Whining thread which 'does not count', which means that there are only four and therefore only one more than there are flirting threads :lol: :banana:

So as not to hijack the whining thread (the above is not a whine!), there should be more Valentine's... ooops, I meant flirting threads ;)
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am familiar with that quote...and it's origin, but it is not an absolute, only a best possible outcome of many....perhpas it is just me, but as a counselor, particularly delaing with grief, I tend to avoid such staements b/c I thin they unitentionally over simplify and minimize, suffering hardship etc...it is more complex and unique than one particular saying...not to say that there isn't some truth in most good sayings
  13. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

School on Thursday. Need I say more?
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

outa noni... <gripe gripe>
  15. bordertangoman

beware of the Valentine Vampires...............
  16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

So what you're saying Pacion, is that we need a Valentine-flirting thread? And since valentine-flirting means coming onto someone else's Valentine, we may also need a valentine'counselling thread. We are back to 6...

though with the number of gripes about valentines here I think it definitely counts... Bring on Feb 15th....
  17. bordertangoman

I quite agree. Maybe we can make feb 15th a more useful and exciting day.
  18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Yes, the 'phew, the 'corny Feb 14th valentines day is over' or 'chocolate poisoning: lets hit the gym, day' (cf new years resolutions - or is that a dirty word now?
  19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I have a question. Why would a guy be afraid of another guy? Let me explain. There is a guy that I work with that I know likes me. But he's afraid of my SO, because my SO could take him on and is more respected since he's worked there a number of years etc. So, he knows if he makes me mad, he's going to make my SO mad. And that's why I really think he's afraid of my SO. But I'm not sure as I don't know why a guy would be afraid of another guy like that.

Anyways, this other guy is really getting in the way of my work. He made it so bad on Saturday that I almost walked out. I called my x even, because he called in sick. I also talked it over with my SO. I was that upset that I needed to vent to anyone. See, I don't bring feelings into my work space. I never have. Neither does my SO. But this guy really made me upset by the things that he was saying that I think I'm going to talk to my boss about it. My boss is really great and very easy to talk to. I'm lucky that way.

I don't complain. I don't call in sick even when I should (by this I mean like if I have a headache or something like that to where I don't need to call it I just have to bare it). I help out the field guys instead of treating them like two year olds like some of the others. So, the field guys like me. The supervisors have all complimented me. I know that if I were to move to the area that I help out with, the supervisors all said they would hire me in an instant. In fact, the guys when they call in for the most part hang up on this one guy and will call back until they get someone they like. One sup. told me that he knows they shouldn't be doing this. but he can't control what they do that way.

Anyways, this guy really made me upset. If he's letting his feelings get in the way of work, then he needs to grow up or whatever. I'm not going to put up with it. I've always been about being professional at work. Yeah we have fun. We'll play with a beach ball with the CSR's just to lighten up things etc., but at the same time work is work. My SO and I know this. My X and I knew this. I guess I don't get why others don't think like that.
  20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:nope: :lol: I think the existing flirting thread is doing 'mighty fine' on its own. Anyway, I am into recycling/multipurpose ;)

Now THAT could be an idea for a new thread... what to do on, what are you doing on, how are you celebrating Feb 15th! :lol: