Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Hey, sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire, i.e. rudeness with rudeness. ;)

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

maybe, but things may escalate - and that might not be a good idea in the last city I lived in....

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

You said it, peach. She said after the first eye she didn't want to do the second because it hurt so much. But...what could she do??? And man, is it gorgeous on her.

Those brazilians sure know how to come up with tortuous beautifiers, lol!

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

And how will it look when she's 76? :rolleyes: Or is she planning to have them replaced by then?

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I have decided to skip whining....I get so much crap from the person that I supervise. This year my life will be a positive optimistic one. ;-) :)

6. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I didn't get a chance to post much at all yesterday, is this forum down a lot? Or does it tend to slow down when more people are on?

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

then whatcha doing here smiliy face? :p Or were you whining that you can't whine this year?? ;)

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Funny, I sat with my legs crossed and my foot sticking out, on a shuttle recently. And a woman with a kid came out of nowhere, I never saw them come down the isle (I was next to the luggage rack which was full. She hit me full force and yelled "OH MY GOD, EXCUSE ME!" I just laughed. She looked like an rude idiot.

If I had seen her I would have moved my leg, if she had been polite and said "excuse me" I would have lowered my leg and apologized. But she looked ridiculous running full steam into me leg and then acting all surprised and indignant that I had ruined her walk to her seat.

I suppose it depends on which side of the situation you are sitting.

And just to note... the reason I was sitting crosslegged is because the shuttle was packed and all the men sitting around take up all of the leg room of the ajoining seat because they sit with their legs apart, squeezing the women to take as little as possible leg room.

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

No, we were hiding from you LDS. That was a dummy face page - we can all see you clicking away on the threads but you can't see us :evli:

Er, I had the same thing - a lot of 'can't connect to server' messages. Its actually when all the gods go down the pub for ambrosia and a pint of retsina...

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

she'll just be one hot 76-yr-old brazliian chica... lol

11. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Ah! No whining today from me. ;)

12. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Hmmph. I ordered a book a few months back, believing it would be about $20 when it came out. Imagine my surprise today when I went to pick it up and it cost me $33!

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Hmmm... not sure if this is a whine or not. But I'm not really happy with my SO. Well, I'm happy that he made the effort to go to my party for the game tonight. It's just that I'm not happy that he didn't make the effort to get along with my friends. Grant it that I know he's shy. So, going is a big plus for him. It's just that I'm shy. Probably more so than he is, and I have always made the effort to get along with the other family and friends.

And the thing is that I'm finding out that we are two totally different people. I want someone that likes being around people shy or not, because we tend to have a lot of people at our events. He doesn't. He also tries to say that he likes something when I can tell by his face that he doesn't. For instance, when we have gone out to eat, he would say that he liked something in my opinion just to please me, rather than to tell me that he doesn't. And honesty is a big plus for me. I don't like being told yes just to say yes, because that happened with an x of mine, and it turned out he was cheating on me. He only said yes, because he knew he had done something wrong. So, I don't buy it if I can tell right way that is not what you are feeling.

He's a good guy though. Treats me nice. It's just that I don't know. We don't have anything in common besides work really, and I don't really see him any other way than just being friends. And I want to stop it now, because I let a relationship go on for awhile when I shouldn't have, because the end just got that much harder.

And it's not as though I'm expecting to date anyone new right away. But I would like to date around for awhile. I don't want to be with just one guy right now. I just have to get a few things situated so that I can date seriously again is all. This is frustrating, because honestly, I don't even want to take his phone calls any more. I'm that disgusted with him. Not sure what to do.

14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Do him a favor and break it off immediately. Clearly he's not the guy for you.

15. DancePoet

Ah, I so rarely read the whining threads, but look what I found here.

Seems like that at a bare minimum there is a transition being made away from that oh so magical 1st stage of this relationship. Yet at the same time, honesty is very important. If you see value in the relationship, and usually this comes from having enough similarities to move forward with, then communicating with him about the fundamentals to see if he'll go along with things like feelings, truth, commitment would be ok. If there isn't enough value placed on these by either person, then the situation is doomed anyway. Yet if you only have a few similarities and you are looking for someone with more, time to cut your losses, and keep searching elsewhere.

16. DancePoet

I'm sensing the same. :cool:

17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Hmm; I'm gonna sit on the fence on this one. I think as y/our understqnding of someone deepens so does y/our relationship. Vive la diffence. i know plenty of dancig ladies whose partners don't dance and don't appear on the scene and vice versa. I would have said the same was even true of my parents completly different social circles.
    Niceness is not a fait accompli its got to be a gut wrenching passion if you're going to stay together.

18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Agreed. Disgust is a mighty strong word to be using when talking about your SO. Show some courage and end it now.

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I agree. What's worse is that I don't even find him physically attractive. I'm not sure if I ever did. I went out with him mainly because I know how hard it is to ask someone out, and I thought it was brave of him to do so. And he is a nice guy, so I thought why not. But it takes more than just being a nice person to be in a relationship. I believe that everything has to be involved.

And because he hasn't dated much, I know it's going to be harder for him if I don't break it off now. So, I did plan to break it off with him immediately. It was just that I thought well, maybe I need to think more about this. However, I have talked with my mom and my sister about it all this morning, and they said that I need to break it off. My mom said that she sensed that I wasn't liking him as much as some of the other guys I had gone out with etc. She said she didn't say anything, because it wasn't her place to say. And I have a strange feeling that everyone that was with us last night felt the same way. But usually everyone else knows before you do.

And it's only been a month. But I'm really not the type to drag something on if I don't feel as though something is there. Some people do just to have someone, but I just don't feel the need to. And that's why I think my sister is right that I need someone that is more mellow and maybe older. I'm not so sure about the age part, but I think she's right about the other being mellow.

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

You are right about that. I used pretty strong words this morning too, and I know that's not right when talking about your SO. And I try not to talk badly of my SO's as I am friends with a lot of them still to this date. And that's because I know that sometimes things just don't turn out, and that's just how things are meant to be. So, I hope I'm not putting a bad light on him as I know he'll make someone very happy. He's got a lot of good qualities. It just isn't going to be me that he's going to make happy is all.