Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

sounds like my house monday night; gas fitters re-hang a radiator, test the heating and leave it with thermostat turned right up so its over 90 degrees when I get home at 10.30pm....

login, logged out, login logged out
    login, logged out, login, logged out

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tired. Was woken up in the morning by the phone. Need to nap as I will be working until 11pm night.

3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

First snow of the season. Sigh. Winter is here.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. Cold front is expected here, this afternoon. Where does the time go? I so love the summer. *sigh*

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ugh. On a day when I could have slept in (until 5:30, just so we're clear on this) I ended up waking up at 4:30. From a nightmare. In which I was buried alive. And having a panic attack.

Not a pleasant way to wake up. And I wasn't able to go back to sleep, because every time I closed my eyes I was back in that space panicking. I am not a fan of this sort of start to the day. Sigh.

Oh well. At least I'm working from home today; even though it will be a long day, when I finish at 5:30 I'll be home. Maybe I'll even take a nap at lunchtime!

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes...I find it is always best to just take the dang nap, you'll be much more productive if you can

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Bit into a nice crisp piece of bacon this morning, and one of my crowns shattered into a million pieces. :rolleyes:

8. pygmalion

Uhhh... not to sound unsympathetic or anything, but how crisp do you like your bacon?

(Bummer about the upcoming dentist visits, btw)

9. fascination

sorry cornutt

10. cornutt

Pretty damn crisp, but c'mon. Actually, for the last couple of weeks, I've had a vague feeling that there was something wrong in that area -- nothing I could pin down, but the teeth in that area didn't feel right. I'm wondering now if it was already cracked.

11. fascination

I have had a crown crack as well...not fun at all...I got a new dentist and a new crown

12. Peaches

Eurgh. You have my sympathy. I have two crowns--and both need to be removed and completely redone. Eurgh.

13. pygmalion

Yeah. There's no pain quite as excruciating as dental pain. And, to make it even worse, it ain't cheap. *sigh* My sympathies.

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Mine don't crack. My dentist knows how hard I am on my teeth (heck, that's why I needed the crowns in the first place!), so he makes mine out of gold. Costs a fortune, but at least I've never had a crown crack on me! I think the worst thing that happened was one came loose, and he just glued it back on.

15. fascination

right...this is why I changed dentists...the current one knows that I grind and clench in my sleep and has built the two that I have accordingly...and no, we won't discuss the cost

16. cornutt

Yeah, I've got a splint that serves the functions of retainer and night guard. And yeah, dollars. Many.

17. cornutt

Thanks. The funny thing is, I've had so much dental work that it doesn't bother me that much anymore. I take two or three Advils before I go in, and between that and the Novacain. it's bearable. And I like my dentist because she doesn't keep anything hidden from me; she tells me everything that she's doing and what she plans to do.

18. bordertangoman

HM Revenue & Customs are chasing my boss. I aint happy about telling them he's not here when he is....

19. Peaches

Oh, ick. That's really crappy.

My whines:
    a)The coffee I ordered with dinner last night was obviously not decaf, as I'd ordered. So I was wide awake until around 12:30am, and then didn't sleep much after that. Very tired now.

b)For those that don't know, we're having a bit of a weather event here on the east coast. Work is, essentially, closed. I say "essentially" because if we have the means to telework, then we are required to telework; no day off for us. I have my work laptop, so I'm supposed to work from home today. Kind of sucks, but I understand the logic behind the rule, and I completely support it, so it's all good. So I get up, get Artemis (work laptop) set up, turn it on and get it going...and none of the work networks are up. Argh. This does mean that I can't actually work from home today, so I can take the day off like a lot of other people, but I have things I need to do. Also, it's kind of annoying to have woken up to begin work at 7am, have gotten myself caffeinated, only to be able to go back to bed...and not be able to sleep because of the caffeine. Oh well. Sigh.

20. bordertangoman

how's it going with Hurricane Sandy? a Bit rough and 13' feet tidal surge..