Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Hah...that does have a way of spreading. :)

Was having a giggle last night that those who eat here DO frequently experience the unexpected. :)
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's a fine read for six or seven year old girls. Twin sis and I made our Dad read it to us until we practically wore out the pages. :)
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My car is making a sloshing sound. o_O Cannot find the source of the water, but it's driving fine... worries me.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

was it on the beach in nyc?? kidding of course
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Possibly water in your gas tank. Has it been doing that since the last time you filled up?
  6. pygmalion

I hear ya, but I have to say that I don't find this particularly funny, given all that's happened this week.

[​IMG]
  7. mindputtee

No, it's just since the storm. I suspect water made its way into something on the underside of the car, but can't tell what. If it were water in the gas tank it probably wouldn't be sloshing any more than it normally does when it is full of gas, and certainly wouldn't be driving well.
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I have a 3000 word essay due tomorrow at midday.

It's 10pm.

At least I have a draft written?
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Determination on direction of sloshing?
  10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

well surely that's just dependent on the forces acting on it? (ignoring lunar pull, and earth's magnetic field :p)

the obvious thing were be to turn the car upside down and see if the water runs out..;)
  11. mindputtee

It seems to be travelling longitudinally. I think it's in the exhaust pipe that was cracked and we fixed, but it probably wasn't water tight enough to weather the storm. I need to jack it up and get a look underneath.
  12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

My parents are driving me nuts. Somehow, despite the fact that they're joined at the hip and never go anywhere or do anything without the other (seriously--they go with each other for hair cuts), they don't seem to communicate with each other sometimes. So I end up having to repeat the same conversation with each of them. And my dad has this knack of not paying attention, so he will ask previously-answered questions. And then still get the info wrong. Gah!

And it looks like I'm going to have to go back out to Cincy to retrain my new editors, who were "trained" by our leads out there. Extremely poorly. And/or who can't be bothered to even try to do a good job. Argh.

And my notification that I qualified for an interview likely arrived today, but DH has our only PO Box key and he won't be home until after midnight. Hmph.
  13. pygmalion

That's a lotta whine, P.

Whine: My sister and niece are moving across the street from Mom and Dad and I'm immature enough to be jealous and neurotic enough to be glad.Glad because I won't have to worry about the PUs anymore. Jealous because Mom won't need me to chat with. *sigh*
  14. Peaches

Today was just sort of a *head-desk* sort of day.

Ah...family dynamics. They're certainly interesting and complicated. I feel something similar with my parents/my brother. The four of them live pretty close to one another (20 minutes away), have various shared interests, and were comfortable enough to share the same house for almost a year. While I'm sure I would go insane if I lived with them, and have no desire to get into their shared interest (boating, dog-having, kid-having, not-townhouse-having), and wouldn't want to live closer than my current hour away, and am very glad they've taken the pressure off me for all of that (and kid-having)...I will admit to jealousy at their closeness.

More frequently than I'd like to admit, I have to remind myself that they don't love me less. And that I am not the disappointment I sometimes feel like. Different is OK. (And I find it sort of amusing that, while I often feel like the odd man out in my family...my father has always felt the same way about his parents/sibs. I am not a disappointment...I am not a disappointment...I am not a disappointment...I am not a disappointment... Bugger.
  15. pygmalion

This. *sigh*
  16. Lioness

Met up with a friend at Uni to study together, write my essay, and practise our japanese roleplay.

We've practised the Japanese roleplay, and now she won't stop talking. I still have an essay to write. Shut up. It's bloody hard to concentrate.
  17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So Monday night, at about 2 AM, the smoke detector in our bedroom decides it's time for a new batter, and it proceeds to tell us so. To get at the battery compartment, you have to take it down from the ceiling. It's a 10-foot ceiling. I'm too sleepy to put on clothes and go fetch a ladder from the utility room, so I get a barstool from the kitchen and proceed to balance on it while I detach the smoke detector from its mount on the ceiling. Only the wires that run to it are hung up and it won't pull away from the ceiling. I'm sleepy and too fumble-fingered to get the connector to disconnect, and in the process I manage to pull the hot wire out of the connector. So I'm fumbling around half asleep trying to get the damn thing disconnected while the bare hot wire hangs out from the ceiling. :eek: I did manage to get it disconnected eventually, but Tuesday after work I had the chore of putting in a new connector and fixing the wiring. :rolleyes:
  18. Peaches

Oh, eurgh. My sympathies. BTDT. Our bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and, wouldn't you know it, the smoke detector is at pretty much the height of the vault. Changing the smoke alarm battery requires dragging over the night stand, setting a chair on top of that, and then DH standing on tiptoes. Not pleasant in the middle of the night.
  19. Lioness

This is going to be the worst essay ever. It's past midday and I don't even care. References stink. I may just do this over the weekend and hand it up on monday.
  20. pygmalion

Choices:

1. lousy essay+ turned in on time + weekend free to do other stuff

2. better (but not guaranteed to be great) essay + loss of points because of late submission + even more time spent on the dang essay this weekend

I have to say I'd go for option one, unless you miss a HECK of a lot of points for turning it in lousy

(Don't tell the profs on board that I told you so. lol )