Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

It's only 2% off per weekday, so I'd get the weekend to work on it, and only a 2% penalty.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Option two it is. :cool:

3. pygmalion

Incidentally, my high-schooler loses 30% for every day late. His school has a "zero-tolerance lateness policy." Hmm.

4. Lioness

Yeah, my high school did too...to prepare us for Uni, apparently.

Now I get 2% off per day for my arts subjects, zero lateness tolerance for Japanese, and 10% off per day for Education. All depends on the faculty.

Still going to stay at Uni a little bit longer, just until I get a bit more done.

5. pygmalion

Oh! The irony! :)

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, it still pisses me off that the city wouldn't let me put in the 12-volt ones that I wanted to put in, which would have been powered off of the automation system and would not have needed batteries.

7. pygmalion

Whine: The Chinese food delivery guy brought the food in record time last night ... except he forgot to bring cutlery, fortune cookies or sauces. Chicken fried rice without soy sauce is pretty good when it's hot and fresh. The next morning, leftover for breakfast, not so much. *sigh*

8. Lioness

I'm on the basement level of the studying hub, and it's been raining, and all I can hear is water trickling through the pipes in the roof. I don't want to leave my stuff alone to go pee, but I don't want to pack it all up in case I lose my nice spot! FML!

9. Lioness

This is one of the sample questions for my education exam. The star is the correct answer.

You have won a scholarship to Wolfson College at the University of Cambridge to pursue a PhD in education and decide to focus on teachers’ lives and careers. You are pondering interviewing a range of teachers across Cambridgeshire as part of your study. What would be the advantages of such a research method:
    Most teachers should be reasonably articulate*
    You could easily tell if they were being truthful
    Your presence as an outsider would not bias their responses
    It would not be very costly or labour intensive
    It would provide direct information.

This subject is a joke.

10. pygmalion

Strange how, when your bladder is full, all you can hear is water running. No? I actually used that as a dirty trick when I was potty training DS. He'd go to the potty but not use it. So I got into the (evil but brilliant) habit of taking him to the potty, putting him on it, and turning the faucet on to a loud trickle. *evil laugh* Worked every time.

11. Lioness

There is a lightbulb missing from our family room. I don't know where it has gone. No-one else in the house knows where it has gone.

The housemate with a sparky boyfriend has been known to lie before, but I'm choosing to give her the benefit of the doubt...but if it works out that it is her, well, that's so not cool.

12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

effin' autocad..lost half a days work, and the autosave isnt bloomimg working, and I can't find out why, On the server the drawing I opened was a week old..and why cant I see my desktop in Explorer..give me a mac anyday...o_O

13. pygmalion

I thought we'd already established that autocad is from the devil. Just sayin. ;)

14. bordertangoman

no autosaves between Oct 10th and today, Windows Vs Autocad..just f***ing each other up...

15. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Dangit. Time change + my body/brain deciding that 5 hours of sleep is plenty + being tired so going to bed early = wide friggin awake since slightly before 3am. Grumblecakes. I am so exhausted, but my brain absolutely will not shut off. I've got a bizarre medley of high-energy dance music going through my head, a bizarre urge to reorganize the house, and I want to get back to my excel spreadsheets; I've been dreaming about ways to manipulate things.

I finally gave up trying to back asleep and took a shower. Will start work soon.

And it's only 4:05 am. Sigh.

16. Peaches

Grumble-effing-cakes.

4:36am. I have cleaned up the kitchen. Mixed a new pitcher of crystal light. Cleaned the milk container and put in fresh milk. Put away all of my canning stuff. Put away the clean dishes sitting in the dish rack. Gotten all set up at my desk. Logged on to my work computer.

...got a message saying I had to lock Artemis and log back in with my new credentials. Whatever, that happens periodically...and it's not actually tied to when there are new credentials to be logged in with. So, I lock Artemis, go to log back in, and I've got this stupid friggin' message saying there are time restrictions on my account and I cannot log back on. Expletive deleted!!! I know the network is shut down between certain hours. I get it. But there's no reason why I can't work off of documents on my desktop! And what are these mysterious hours that I can't even bloody log on to my stupid friggin laptop? And why in bloody hell not?!?! What if I actually needed to work over the weekend, and work late? It's happened before (when I had Thor instead of Artemis).

Gahhh. Now it's 4:40. I'm wide awake, hyper, unable to work, and ticked off.

Grumble-effing-cakes.

17. bordertangoman

oh dear..

18. pygmalion

You've gotta admit that was a whine with some gusto to it. lol.

What happened to Thor and Lappy, btw?

19. Peaches

Waking up at 2:53am does not make me a happy camper. ;-)

We've still got Lappy. I'm typing on it now. We don't use it nearly that much any longer; between DH's Strongpad (his iPad, a homestar runner reference) and my Zola (my iPhone, named after Astor Piazzolla, because the red & black case is rather tango-esque), it's just kind of redundant. But I keep it set up on my desk in the office, because I like it for watching stuff or listening to music when I work from home.

Thor is doing just fine. He belongs to another coworker full time. Through some very strange, mysterious process there were 27 "new" laptops available at work...and I put in for one and got it. They took away my desktop, removed me as an authorized user on Thor, and gave me Artemis.

20. pygmalion

Oh. Not sure why, but I'll miss Thor.