Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

He went to a good home. Personally, I greatly prefer Artemis. Smaller, lighter, faster, and all mine.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Traitor! lol
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I hate hate HATE people who constantly whine "All of my taxes are paying for welfare. Grumble grumble. I work my butt off and you get money for free"

Wow, it must be nice to earn over the $18000 tax-free threshold, to not have to need that money to pay for food. Sure, there are someone people who legitimately shouldn't receive welfare payments, but all the rich whiners should shush.
  4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Tell me if you have ever heard of anything like this!
    An "Award Ceremony" and Dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel, BUT THE SPOUSES (AND SO's) ARE NOT INVITED!!!
    We may humbly stay at the hotel, less than 24 hours, but we will not be fed or even acknowledged! F****ing Union Bank! Steal my BF's life and weekends and evenings for a year, for this *special project* and then won't even give me a drink or dinner? Hey, I have suffered, too, A LOT for all this ****ing overtime!!!!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes...my husband used to work for a place that generally had events that did not include spouses...eventually it became very clear to me as to why
  6. pygmalion

That is very ... I started to say cheap, then I started to say tacky, but truth is I can't find a word that quite captures that. If they can't afford to do it right, then IMO, they shouldn't do it. A lot fewer hurt feelings that way.
  7. chachachacat

I was so excited about the Beverly Hills Hotel...then this bomb! I cannot believe it! The could have held it somewhere a TAD less luxe and included spouses. Sure, we'd be bored, but we deserve a good dinner at the very least.
  8. pygmalion

fascination makes a good point. Perhaps there are non-budgetary reasons why the organizers would prefer that spouses not be present.
  9. chachachacat

Why?
  10. fascination

because the people planning it wanted to have fun with women other than their wives
  11. pygmalion

Hmm. Lessee. Why would a bunch of business execs want to spend the night in a posh hotel with booze and fancy food and without their spouses? Hmm...

OTOH, it quite likely is budget issues. I haven't done it in a long time, but i do remember one year in which I arranged a company picnic for my department of roughly 180 people. We went to an amusement park. Every person in the department had the option to bring one guest. The bill ended up at roughly $30,000 ... for an afternoon at an amusement park, twenty years ago, when the menu was hot dogs and hamburgers.

It is amazing, how expensive these shindigs can be ... which is not to say they shouldn't pony up the cash. Either do it right or don't do it. IMHO.
  12. pygmalion

Bingo!
  13. chachachacat

Oh.

Well, I truly do not think that applies to my Mr. Asperger BF. He is truly invested in the perfect outcome. He is unfortunately smarter than just about everyone he works with (to hear him tell it), which he finds nearly as frustrating as the rest of us find him.

F & P - Thanks so much for answering: it relieves my anger and frustration a lot. HUGS!
  14. chachachacat

Okay, I'm glad to hear that it's not unheard of. It just seems unbelievably CHEAP to me. And insulting. As I said, about MY suffering through ALL the damn overtime.
    So, could I get some sympathy, too, please??? Thanks!
  15. fascination

listen....I totally hear you...my thought was always; why should I get screwed out of a nice holiday party just because 4 partners are doing their secretaries and don't want to have to hide it?...not my problem...and yea, after all of the hours my dh puts in, I want some pay back...I feel you
    chachachacat likes this.
  16. pygmalion

Someone planning the event and/or paying for the event made the decision. Nothing to do with your BF, for sure. :cool:
    chachachacat likes this.
  17. fascination

it definitely wasn't an income issue in this scenario...
  18. pygmalion

Too funny. When the ex was going through his executive MBA program, it was two years of absolute torture. He was rarely at home, and, on the rare occasion when he was home, he was useless, and I did everything. I mean everything (big mistake, but what did I know at the time?) Anyway, when he finally got close to graduation, his fancy schmancy business school decided to reward the spouses ... by inviting them to a posh hotel to go and sit in banquet rooms and listen to the graduates s talk endlessly about themselves and their accomplishments. Eh. Forget the fancy dinner and hotel stay. Just give me cash. Nothing you can say will give me back the two years of my life.
    fascination and chachachacat like this.
  19. pygmalion

Yep. The people signing the purchase orders designed the event they wanted to enjoy.
  20. chachachacat

Thanks. I'm just angry bcuz I have never run up against this before.

Are they going to pay for my room service dinner? Noooooooo. MFs!! If I weren't dying to see the BHH rooms which I saw online, I'd stay home. But that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face, as My Mom used to say.